Call for Application: Canola Breeder Position at DL Seeds Inc. in Canada, Europe and Australia

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 04/15/2013 - 16:00

DL Seeds IncDL Seeds Inc. is inviting application for a position of canola breeder to become part of the current canola breeding team and to collaborate with their shareholders’ canola breeding programs in Europe and Australia. The successful candidate must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and be legally entitled to work in Canada. He/she must also possess PhD in plant breeding (canola breeding preferred) or Master’s in plant breeding with minimum 5 to 7 years in canola breeding program. The position offers a competitive compensation package including salary, benefits and retirement package.  Application deadline is April 25, 2013.

Study Subject(s): This position would work with the breeding team in Canada, Europe and Australia to lead and co-ordinate trait introgression objectives, incorporation and testing for the company.
Course Level: DL Seeds is looking for an experienced canola breeder to become part of the current canola breeding team and to collaborate with their shareholders’ canola breeding programs in Europe and Australia.
Scholarship Provider: DL Seeds Inc.
Scholarship can be taken at: Canada, Europe and Australia

Eligibility: -The successful candidate must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and be legally entitled to work in Canada.

-PhD in plant breeding (canola breeding preferred) or Masters in plant breeding with minimum 5 to 7 years in canola breeding program.

-A working background of a minimum of 5 years as a canola breeder or equivalent work experience is an asset.

Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of Canada can apply for this position.

Scholarship Description: DL Seeds Inc. is a canola breeding and development company that is dedicated to developing profitable, canola hybrids for North American producers. DL Seeds is looking for an experienced canola breeder to become part of the current canola breeding team and to collaborate with our shareholders’ canola breeding programs in Europe and Australia. The successful candidate will be located at our Winnipeg breeding station.

Duties of of the Position: The duties of the position would include but are not limited to:

-Trait introgression and breeding of new and existing traits into DL Seeds canola germplasm. This position would work with the breeding team in Canada, Europe and Australia to lead and co-ordinate trait introgression objectives, incorporation and testing for the company.

-To help execute, plan and complete field, growth room and greenhouse programs for trait introgression including; seed set up preparation, field and greenhouse program layouts, planting, maintenance, selection, data recording, harvesting, post harvest activities from field nurseries and research plots.

-To help prepare and evaluate with the breeding team, crossing plans and objectives, double haploid programs, contra-season material, parental lines, seed production and inventories, analysis of data and prepare final reports as required for the breeding team.

-To supervise and manage technical lab, field and greenhouse employees, term and summer field staff to execute program objectives as required.

-Travel is required both domestically and internationally.

-Perform all above job descriptions in a safe and professional manner.

What does it cover? DL Seeds offers a competitive compensation package including salary, benefits and retirement package. A competitive salary depending on experience and education will be offered.

How to Apply: Please submit resumes and cover letter by email to Lynda Thiessen at Lynda.Thiessen-at-dlseeds.ca before the closing date.

Scholarship Application Deadline: Application deadline is April 25, 2013.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

Article references
scholarshipslisting.com