Some countries allow old people to work to any age that they want. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

Submitted by phg_phg on Sun, 08/08/2021 - 02:48

In today's world, the idea that the elderly, regardless of age, may continue to work if they wish has gained traction and grown popular in various countries. Nevertheless, every story has its two sides and this topic is no exception. From my point of view, I believe that this growing trend is far more detrimental than beneficial for the following reasons.

On the one hand, there are numerous explanations why old citizens are permitted to work at any age. Older workers are regarded as valuable expertise and professional employees in a company. They may make a significant contribution to the smooth functioning of projects and play an essential part in a company's or organization's increased profits. Furthermore, when an elderly person works, they have a better chance of having a stable income, and they are more likely to be able to maintain themselves. By doing so, the elderly may become less reliant on their own children. They may be able to purchase something that they desire, even in difficult circumstances and they may be able to financially assist their children and relatives. In the UK, 70% of old residents are still working like the youth and most of them are very enjoy it because of not depending on their adolescents about financial and other complex issues.

On the other hand, there has been a rise in sophisticated technology and change in a variety of industries in general. It is predicted that the present tasks would demand labor forces with language abilities, innovation, technological capability, and most importantly, rapid modification and integration to new changes and environments. All of the conditions associated are more noticeable in younger laborers. If the retirement age for the elderly is extended, younger individuals with more creative and high-tech ideas may miss out on worldwide opportunities to show their talents and contribute to their communities. According to the USA survey, 90% of elderly are not agreed about keep working in their age due to the creativity of youngsters these days are so phenomenal so they want them to develop and demonstrate their talent to worldwide. Furthermore, the trend may lead to an increase in unemployment rates, which would be disastrous to a country's economic and social stability.

To conclude, the ability of elderly people to work endlessly does not appear to be helpful to social development. As a result, the government should think about balancing the number of workers in various age groups and establishing the appropriate retirement age.

Forums