The following appeared in an e-mail sent by the marketing director of the Classical Shakespeare Theatre of Bardville."Over the past ten years, there has been a 20 percent decline in the size of the average audience at Classical Shakespeare Theatre product

The following appeared in an e-mail sent by the marketing director of the Classical Shakespeare Theatre of Bardville.

"Over the past ten years, there has been a 20 percent decline in the size of the average audience at Classical Shakespeare Theatre productions. In spite of increased advertising, we are attracting fewer and fewer people to our shows, causing our profits to decrease significantly. We must take action to attract new audience members. The best way to do so is by instituting a 'Shakespeare in the Park' program this summer. Two years ago the nearby Avon Repertory Company started a 'Free Plays in the Park' program, and its profits have increased 10 percent since then. Therefore, I recommend that we start a 'Shakespeare in the Park' program of our own. If we do so, I predict that our profits will also see a significant increase."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

From the argument given we know that the Classical Shakespeare Theatre of Bardville has faced a significant decline in the size of its audience. The author of the e-mail recommends instituting the program which will be similar one which was started by the rival theater two years ago. The writer of the argument believes that repetiotion of the Avon Repertory Company will solve the problem of the Cassical Shakespeare Theatre. The author of the e-mail give us some evidences which serve to support his or her conclusin. However, do they strong enough to create a sound argument?

First of all, we were given information that the Classical Shakespeare Theatre of Bardville tried to attract people by advertising but the commercial has not given expected result. This date create the question how the efficiency of the advertisement was counted. We may conclude that the author of the argument does not see the increase of the tickets sold and as a result believes that the compaing was a failure, at the same time it is possible that without these commercial the Classical Shakespeare Theatre of Bardville would be insolvent.

Furthermore, the author of the argument believe that the rival theatre has increased its profit only because of the started program a "Free Plays in the Park". Despite the fact that this program indeed may be the cause of the change, we may have a situation that this theatre has better or more attractive performances. In this case, the repetition of the program by the Classical Shakespeare Theatre of Bardville will not lead to increase of the ticked sold.

What is more, even if the cause of the ten per cent increase is indeed the Avon Repertory Company' program, the author's assumption that the repetition of the exprience of the rival theatre will have the same result is unwarranted. two years ago the audience may be charmed by the free performances in the park, this experience was a novelty which may indeed attract people to the theatre, however, after two years of the implementation of the program a new rival may not have the same effect. To illustrate the point, Apple inc with its iPhone has a strong association with the smartphones, they were the first company which has given people a phone without bottons, its rival company Nokia baldly believed that may create a similar product and as a result to distract customers from Apple's products, as the histroy has shown, the Nokia's assumption was fallacious. In our case, the repetion of the free performances in the Park may bring the same result as it did two years age.

In conlusion, the author of the recommendation asserts that the repetition of the program that implemented by the rival theater will attract new audience, however, he or she does not manage to give strong support for his or her conclusion.

Sentence: The writer of the argument believes that repetiotion of the Avon Repertory Company will solve the problem of the Cassical Shakespeare Theatre.
Error: repetiotion Suggestion: repetition

Sentence: The author of the e-mail give us some evidences which serve to support his or her conclusin.
Error: conclusin Suggestion: conclusion

Sentence: We may conclude that the author of the argument does not see the increase of the tickets sold and as a result believes that the compaing was a failure, at the same time it is possible that without these commercial the Classical Shakespeare Theatre of Bardville would be insolvent.
Error: compaing Suggestion: comparing

Sentence: What is more, even if the cause of the ten per cent increase is indeed the Avon Repertory Company' program, the author's assumption that the repetition of the exprience of the rival theatre will have the same result is unwarranted. two years ago the audience may be charmed by the free performances in the park, this experience was a novelty which may indeed attract people to the theatre, however, after two years of the implementation of the program a new rival may not have the same effect.
Error: exprience Suggestion: experience

Sentence: To illustrate the point, Apple inc with its iPhone has a strong association with the smartphones, they were the first company which has given people a phone without bottons, its rival company Nokia baldly believed that may create a similar product and as a result to distract customers from Apple's products, as the histroy has shown, the Nokia's assumption was fallacious.
Error: bottons Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: histroy Suggestion: history

Sentence: In our case, the repetion of the free performances in the Park may bring the same result as it did two years age.
Error: repetion Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: In conlusion, the author of the recommendation asserts that the repetition of the program that implemented by the rival theater will attract new audience, however, he or she does not manage to give strong support for his or her conclusion.
Error: conlusion Suggestion: conclusion

---------------
argument 1 -- not OK. read this:

'Over the past ten years, there has been a 20 percent decline in the size of the average audience at Classical Shakespeare Theatre productions. In spite of increased advertising, we are attracting fewer and fewer people to our shows, causing our profits to decrease significantly. We must take action to attract new audience members.'

suggested:
Maybe the ads worked very well and attracted enough new audience members, but the reason is that they can't keep the old members.

argument 3 -- OK but don't use external examples in argument essays.
----------------