The primary goal of technological advancement should be to increase people's efficiency so that they have more leisure time.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for t

The primary goal of technological advancement should be to increase people's efficiency so that they have more leisure time.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Technology is growing by leaps and bounds everyday. Each day, we encounter some new invention or the other. All these technical advancements exist to ease the life of the society. The work which is to be actually done by humans is done through the use of machines thus reducing the time and effort to complete the concerned work. However, whether the ultimate goal of technological advancement must be to increase people's efficiency so as to have immense amount of leisure time, is a contentious issue. A stand can be taken only after careful analysis.

Firstly, people need some rest so as to perform their daily tasks efficiently. Though a person can be said to be hard-working, he surely needs the relaxation and rejuvenation to refresh himself everyday. It follows that getting considerable leisure time is of prime importance. For example, the household women today can engage in some part-time work like stitching, making toys etc... as most of their household chores are taken care by electrical machines like refrigerator, washing machine, dish-washer etc... Thus, they do not indulge in the activities that are carried out by machines. Instead, they concentrate on their self-development doing useful activities. Additionally, professionals in the IT industry are mostly stress-prone because of long working hours. They need leisure time in order to meditate or perform their favorite sport. A healthy well-being is of paramount importance for a good living. Hence technical advancements increase leisure time and enable us to be more productive.

Secondly, technological advancements pave way for us to be productive by urging to us think in an innovative manner and discover new ideas. For example, most of the tasks that can be automated in almost all the companies are done with the help of computers. This gives the employees ample amount of leisure time in which they can think about improving the productivity through innovative ideas. The employees need not waste time doing the work which can be easily done through machines. Only research takes us to the next level of technical advancement. And researches turn out to be successful only if the research scholars are able to allot more leisure time other than their normal working hours. For instance, the United States of America is well known for steady advancements in research only because of the latest technologies they adopt and save time so as to get more leisure time. Hence, for people to evolve along with technology, they must utilize the leisure time effectively so as to reap innumerable benefits.

Leisure is often looked down upon as many think it corresponds to being idle. Some might be of the opinion that technological advancements must always keep us busy and make us devoid of leisure time, so as for us to be productive. In reality, efficiency faces a downward slope when adequate rest is not given. For example, Google is quoted to have the best work-etiquette because they follow the latest technologies to execute their projects. Moreover, they allow their employees to have ample of leisure time provided that the project tasks are done on time. Hence, more leisure time equates to ample opportunities provided to a person to explore this wonderful world and indulge himself in the activities that interest him the most; this in turn makes him happier and leads him to contribute more towards his work and consequently be more productive. Thus, the claim of leisure time leading to laziness and boredom is clearly dismissed.

Therefore, the primary goal of technical advancements should be to ease people's life by providing them more leisure time and helping them to be more effective. It confers lots of advantages: relaxation of mind and body; opportunity to do interested activities; plunge in research so as to contribute some worthwhile ideas to the society. In the near future, it is not a wonder if most of people's activities are carried out by robots, granting them more leisure time to concentrate on several other important issues.