It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most comp

It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

It is a widespread belief that in today's society it is no longer plausible to regard any living person as a hero. Although many of us disagree with the issue because we regularly read articles and watch TV reports about people who demonstrate heroic behavior in dangerous situations, I concur with the prompt. The reasons of my stance will be described in more details below.

To begin with, today's society is strikingly distinct from one of the past. Contemporary society is not a homogenous structure but an elaborate, complex web which consists of many layers, groups, nationalities, confessions, political views, genders and each part of it has its own attitudes to the reality. Consequently, the same deed may be considered by one part of a society as heroic act and by the other part as a crime. For instance, today pilots who bomb ISIS militia's positions are considered by many westerns including me as heroes who risk their lives to stop the terroristic organization from spreading; however, those actions often perceived as a murder by other parts of society, in particular, by migrants from Iraq and Egypt who live in western countries after they fled from their motherland. In other words, the diversity and variety of opinions and attitudes in contemporary society do not allow a person to be regarded as a hero.

Furthermore, today's mass-media and the internet have become ubiquitous. Reporters and bloggers in their relentless search for fame and recognition make impossible for a living person to be a hero owing to the fact that one may be tarnished by the mass media which is able to find dark histories of heroes' personal and professional lives. For example, perhaps, you hear about a pilot who managed to land an airplane which engines were out of order. He landed the plane on water surface near New York, no passengers were injured; the pilot was regarded as a hero and he even met the president of the United States of America. But then reporters found that he abused his wife and had serious problems with alcohol and light drugs. That news make impossible to regard this person as a hero. And this is a widespread pattern which has repeated with almost each new hero.

Of course, one may aver that a hero is not a saint person but a human being with his/ her problems and issues who nevertheless managed to do a heroic action under threat of one's life. Although I can see the grain of logic in this stance, I cannot agree with it due to the fact that hero is not a one action but an ideal or a paragon of appropriate behavior to which we all strive. From this viewpoint, we cannot regard as a hero a hardened criminal who has committed several sexual and violeny crimes in his life but, for instance, once saved life of a child in a car accident. In other words, a hero is more than a mere heroic action; he/she is a paragon, an ideal.

In conclusion, as far as I am concerned it is impossible to regard a living man or woman as hero in today's society due to the fact that contemporary society is heterogeneous and the same person may be a hero for one part and enemy for the second one; moreover, today's mass-media and their veracious desire for scandals turn any hero into a target for their breaking news which make it impossible to perceive the person as a hero or paragon of benevolent behavior.

Sentence: Contemporary society is not a homogenous structure but an elaborate, complex web which consists of many layers, groups, nationalities, confessions, political views, genders and each part of it has its own attitudes to the reality.
Error: homogenous Suggestion: homogeneous

Sentence: From this viewpoint, we cannot regard as a hero a hardened criminal who has committed several sexual and violeny crimes in his life but, for instance, once saved life of a child in a car accident.
Error: violeny Suggestion: violent

---------------
Great arguments.
--------------