The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in Japan and Malaysia in the year 2010

The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in Japan and Malaysia in the year 2010.

Two pie charts compare the Japanese and Malaysian expenditures on household in five categories namely food, housing, transport, health care, goods and services during one year period in 2010.

Overall, housing made up the highest percentage of Malaysian citizens' expenditure while Japanese spent on goods and services most. Expenses on transport and health care in Malaysia were exactly half of their counterparts in Japan.

According to the charts, 29 % of Japanese expenses went on goods and services and they spent 21% on housing. The lowest amount of money both Japanese and Malaysian spent was for health care (6%) and (3%) respectively.

In Malaysia expenditures on transport accounted for 10%, however, Japanese spent double (20%) on the same category. Housing was responsible for the highest percentage in Malaysia (34%). There is no big distinction between two countries in terms of the amount of money spent on food and the difference is 3%.