Question:-> Summarize the points made in the lecture you just heard, explaining how they cast doubt on points made in the reading.Reading Passage:->Scant physical evidence remains of the first human domestication of grain. Still, there is enough to conclu

The reading states that first grain based food in case of wheat, was bread. However, the professor argues that beer was the first product of wheat not bread. The professor casts various doubts on passage using several points.

First, the reading states that people probably began consuming wheat by chewing it raw and then to make wheat softer they crushed between stones to make fine paste. According to the lecture, soft wheat can get without grounding. Once the wheat is placed in the moist environment, it's sprouting occurs and it becomes soft.

Second, the article posits that baking makes food easier to eat and baked food can be kept for long periods. However, professor argues that ancient people do not fire the wheat because they think that fire is not obvious to make the food better for eating and ancient people do not put efforts to fire wheat.

Third, The reading states that fermentation caused the bubbles to form which suggest people that baking is required. The professor refutes this point. He adds that once the sprouting is done and open to air, its fermentation start automatically. Due to open air, yeast and water, sprouting occurs. After this sprouting process, fermentations occur due to the formation of bubble and foam and these bubbles taste leads to the discovery of first beer form grain.

The reading states that first grain based food
The reading states that the first grain based food

it's sprouting occurs
its sprouting occurs

its fermentation start automatically.
its fermentation starts automatically.

Due to open air,
Due to the open air,

first beer form grain.
first beer from grain.