TOEFL integrated writing: certifications

Both the reading and the lecture talk about ''ecocertification''. Both argue weather ecocertification might be beneficial and accepted by USA wood companies or not. Whereas, the reading passage says that wood companies located in USA will not use the system of ecocertification, the speaker disagrees and claims that wood companies will develop this system.

In the first place, the article states that the American costumer are attacked by a wide variety of advertisement that confuse them. In contrast, the speaker says that American costumer do not consider advertisements in the same way, rather than choosing the cheapest company they think in the environment.

Second, the article claims that ecocertification cost a lot of money to companies, and because of this costumers have to pay high prices. On the other hand, the speaker refutes this point, and states that American costumer only consider the prices in order to choose a wood company when the difference on prices is too much. So, the speaker thinks that wood companies that have ecocertification do not have a big difference on price compare with the companies that do not have ecocertification. The difference on price is a small amount of 5 percent.

Finally, the speaker disagrees that the American costumers prefers local wood companies instead of international companies. The speaker believes that American costumers care the environment and if an international wood company will sell its products with ecocerfitication, then costumer will choose this one, in order to protect the environment.

Essays by the user:

weather ecocertification might
whether ecocertification might

a wide variety of advertisement that confuse them
a wide variety of advertisements that confuse them

American costumer do not consider
American costumers do not consider

that ecocertification cost a lot of money to companies,
that ecocertification costs a lot of money to companies,

that American costumer only consider the prices
that American costumers only consider the prices

do not have a big difference on price compare with the companies
do not have a big difference on price compared with the companies

American costumers prefers local wood companies
American costumers prefer local wood companies

Sentence: Second, the article claims that ecocertification cost a lot of money to companies, and because of this costumers have to pay high prices.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and costumers