TPO 32 integrated writing skill

TPO 32 integrated writing skill

According to the reading passage, three theories were mentioned to show evidence might have caused the odd sounds in the Atlantic and Arctic ocean, while, in the listening section, lecturer stated that passage's arguments are not convincing, so, she pointed out some competing theories, which contradict the passage's claims.
In the reading material, author mentioned three ideas. First, strange noises were actually calls of male and female Orca whales during a courtship ritual. Second, sounds were caused by giant squid, because it is possible they are able to emit sound. Finally, perhaps Russian submarines have emitted the strange frog-like sounds, since they did not register on sonar and they are undetectable.
However, in the listening section, speaker pointed out three controversial theories. First, the idea that Orca whales may have emitted those sounds, are not plausible, because Orcas live near surface the water, while submarines travel deep in the ocean. So, they were not able to hear the Orcas sounds. Second, Russian submarines started in the 1960s and continued until 1980s, also giant squid could not emit those strange sounds for whole 2 decades. Finally, idea about foreign submarine does not hold up, because submarines can not change direction quickly and we do not have the technology to build that fast redirecting submarines, and silent engine.