tpo23. Summarize the point in the lecture which disapproves those of reading.

The listening claims that exact reason to determine the decline in population of cedar tree is not known. This claim is not in agreement with that of reading passage, which suggest and explains the scientific hypothesis given by scientist for the decline in cedar population.

The reading claims that insect parasites like beetle attack the bark of cedar trees. This provides space for insects to breed and eventually enabling the larvae of beetle to eat the wood of the tree, hence destroying the tree. On the other hand, the lecture refutes this claim. According to it, cedar trees are resistant to insects as their bark leaves are saturated with chemicals which are poisonous for insects. Therefore, it is impossible for external insects to breed on the bark leaves of cedar trees. Thus, insect parasites cannot be a suitable reason for decline in population.

The second point of difference between listening and reading concerns attack by brown bears on cedar trees. The reading states that aggressive feeding habits of brown beer on bark of cedar trees (in search of sugar enriched bark of cedar trees), weakens these trees, which ultimately leads to their gradual decline. On the other hand, listening asserts that beer attack all types of trees in all kinds of places like coastal areas, land, island etc. But the decline in cedar population is not same in all these areas where beers hunt. For example, in the land areas of this region there are no brown bears, but still there has been decline in cedar population. Hence, this claim in reading stands unsupported by listening.

Finally, the reading suggest that changes in the climate patterns weakens the sensitive roots of cedar trees, thereby leading to their decline. As a result, roots of cedar start growing late in winters and get damaged by cold weather prevailing in winter season However, the lecture argues that cedar trees are also damaged at low altitudes (where temperature is hot compared to high altitudes); therefore, this claim of low temperature damaging the cedar roots cannot be generalized as a valid reason for decline in cedar population.

Essays by the user:

This provides space for insects to breed and eventually enabling the larvae of beetle to eat the wood of the tree,
This provides space for insects to breed and eventually enables the larvae of beetle to eat the wood of the tree,

that beer attack all types of trees
that beers attack all types of trees

there has been decline in cedar population
there has been a decline in cedar population

the reading suggest that changes in the climate patterns weakens the sensitive roots
the reading suggests that the changes ... weaken the sensitive roots

No. of Words: 352 250 //Write the essay in 20 minutes.