D. A Japanese Girl

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

D. A Japanese Girl.

1. Complete the following resume for the girl.
Name: Akio Horisaka
Nationality:
Marital Status:
Experiences:
a. Studied English at
in
.
b. Had a job with
as
.
c. Went abroad in
with
.
d. Spent
in
.
e. Worked for a company which sold
for
.
f. Now working in
for
.

2. Choose the best answer (a, b, or c) for each of the following questions.
(1) When did her mother go back to work?

a. When she was only ten. b. When she was only thirteen. c. When she was fourteen.
(2) How much older was her brother than she was? a. Ten years. b. Four years. c. Three years.
(3) What did her mother do? a. As a tailor. b. As a teacher. c. As a dress designer.
(4) Why did she study English in Japan? a. Because she wanted to study abroad. b. Because she hoped to find a good job in London. c. Because she wanted to find a job with a good company.
(5) What was her marital status at the age of twenty-five? a. Married. b. Single. c. Divorced.
(6) What do people in Japan usually do to a single person? a. They try to plan an arranged marriage for him / her. b. They force him / her to marry someone. c. They provide him / her a chance to meet someone.
(7) Where did she meet her husband? a. In a Jazz club. b. At a jazz concert. c. In a jazz band.
(8) What is her husband's nationality? a. Japanese. b. Chinese. c. Non-Japanese.
Listening answers

D. A Japanese Girl.

Name: Akio Horisaka
Nationality:
Marital Status:
Experiences:
a. Studied English at
in
.
b. Had a job with
as
.
c. Went abroad in
with
.
d. Spent
in
.
e. Worked for a company which sold
for
.
f. Now working in
for
.