I.Q.Tests

Listening audio
Listening level
Intermediate

Task 1: I.Q.Tests

1. Choose the best answer (a, b or c) to complete each of the following statements.
(1) Mrs. Kellerman is probably ___________.

a. a psychologist b. a primary school teacher c. a doctor
(2) I.Q. Test, according Mrs. Kellerman, ____________. a. can be used to measure all types of intelligence a child has b. can be used to measure certain types of intelligence a child has c. can not be used to measures a child's intelligence
(3) Musically gifted children ____________. a. are interested in noises b. are fascinated by all kinds of sounds, even animal noises c. are keen on playing the piano
(4) Psychologically speaking, a child who possesses bodily intelligence may ____________. a. be good at language acquisition b. be good at sports c. become an engineer in the future
(5) Parents should ___________ if the children find it easy to take things apart and use various tools. a. show them how to operate a recorder b. stop them from doing that c. give them models to make and take them to science museums
(6) According to Mrs. Kellerman, ___________ since nobody is good at everything. a. a child should be judged on his individual talents b. a child should be judged on his I.Q. scores c. a child should be judged by his parents who know him better than anybody else

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
I.Q. tests are most valid in testing a child's ability in linguistic and numerical skill or reading and maths.
(2)
The earlier a child's talents are recognized, the better.
(3)
Children who are not good with words and numbers can still do well in school examinations.
(4)
A child doesn't have to go to private lessons even if he is discovered to have special talents.

3. Fill in the following blanks with what you hear on the tape.
(1) Some children have abilities that are not
, that aren't
by many schools.
(2) And if these skills are not
, they cannot be
. That's why,
, there are so many
in the world. They are not doing the things
.
(3) Many children
to learn to play
but, while they might not become great
or
, they may get a lot of
... They can easily recognize
and sing them
.

Listening answers

Task 1: I.Q.Tests

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)

, that aren't
by many schools.
(2) And if these skills are not
, they cannot be
. That's why,
, there are so many
.
(3) Many children
to learn to play
but, while they might not become great
or
, they may get a lot of
... They can easily recognize
and sing them
.