Task 2: Dictation.

Listening audio
Listening level
Intermediate

Task 2: Dictation.

Dictation :The following paragraphs will be read to you slowly. Listen to it for three times, and while listening write as much and as closely to the original text as you can.

Listening answers

Task 2:Dictation.

Dictation answers:

Voice Analysis

If we want to measure voice features very accurately, we can use a voice analyser. A voice analyser can show four characteristics of a speaker's voice. No two speakers' voices are alike. To get a voice sample, you have to speak into the voice analyser. The voice analyser is connected to a computer. From just a few sentences of normal speech, the computer can show four types of information about your voice. It will show nasalization, loudness, frequency and length of articulation. The first element, nasalization, refers to how much air normally goes through your nose when you talk. The second feature of voice difference is loudness. Loudness is measured in decibels. The number of decibels in speaking is determined by the force of air that comes from the lungs. The third feature of voice variation is frequency. By frequency we mean the highness or lowness of sounds. The frequency of sound waves is measured in cycles per second. Each sound of a language will produce a different frequency. The final point of voice analysis concerns the length of articulation for each sound. This time length is measured in small fractions of a second. From all four of these voice features length of articulation, frequency, loudness and nasalization the voice analyser can give an exact picture of a person's voice.