Task 2: I Remember ...

Listening audio
Listening level
Intermediate

Task 2: I Remember ...

1. Choose the best answer (a, b or c) for each of the following questions.
(1). What's the possible relationship between the speakers?

a. Friends. b. Former classmates and friends. c. Colleagues.
(2) When were they in college? a. Twenty years ago. b. Twenty-five years ago. c. Thirty years ago.
(3) What does Martin remember most about the college days? a. Curtis's hair down to his waist. b. How Grace looked. c. The air-conditioned blue jeans.
(4) What is Grace's best memory? a. The time they were driving home from college for a spring break b. The peace demonstration. c. The graduation day.
(5) Who of the three went to the graduation ceremony? a. Martin. b. Curtis. c. None of them.
(6) How did Grace spend her graduation day? a. She went for a picnic with Martin and Curtis. b. She attended the graduation ceremony. c. She drank wine in a bar.

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
The time they were in college were probably the sixties.
(2)
In college Grace used to paint a flower on her face.
(3)
They called Martin's blue jeans air-conditioned because they had a lot of holes.
(4)
Martin no longer has his air-conditioned blue jeans.
(5)
When they were driving home for a spring break once, they got arrested for stealing gas.
(6)
They got arrested when they took part in a peace demonstration. But they were not frightened because five hundred other students got arrested with them.
(7)
Grace has never regretted for not having attended the graduation ceremony.
(8)
The three of them spent the last day of college together by the stream, drinking wine, playing guitar and singing.

Listening answers

Task 2: I Remember ...

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)