TPO 40 - Question 3
University to Create a Lounge for Commuter Students
Many students at our university do not live in dormitories These students live in town or in the suburbs and travel to campus every day The university has decided to provide these commuter students with a special lounge in the student centerwith couches, chairs, and a television. University officials hope that this loungea place to socialize and relaxwill give commuter students some of the same advantages that dormitory residents now have. An important additional feature of the lounge will be a bulletin board on the wall for posting and sharing information that may be especially useful to commuter students and their particular needs.
- Students study in a variety of ways. Explain how your study habits are different from those of other students you know.50
- TPO 33 - Question 1A friend of yours wants to go to university next year but cannot decide on a major field of study. What advice would you give your friend to help make this decision?80
- TPO 31 - Question 3Students Need Access to Movie CollectionThe university library has a large collection of films on video and DVD that students can borrow. However, students aren't allowed to go into the area where these items are kept. Instead, students83
- TPO 40 - Question 3University to Create a Lounge for Commuter StudentsMany students at our university do not live in dormitories These students live in town or in the suburbs and travel to campus every day The university has decided to provide these commu52
- Campus Construction Should Happen During the SummerI've noticed that small construction projects on campus'like fixing sidewalks and parking lots'often take place during the regular school year, when classed are in session. I propose that whenever possibl70
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 643.0 593.389002037 108% => OK
No of words: 154.0 154.784114053 99% => More words wanted. You may: choose simpler words or speak faster or remove hesitations or remove long pauses, and fully use the time, do NOT save one or two seconds.
Chars per words: 4.17532467532 3.82920900774 109% => OK
Fourth root words length: 3.52273666998 3.52088357496 100% => OK
Word Length SD: 2.09864865885 1.81998168104 115% => OK
Unique words: 100.0 93.7942973523 107% => OK
Unique words percentage: 0.649350649351 0.608046397892 107% => OK
Syllable count: 198.9 185.724439919 107% => OK
Avg_syllables_per_word: 1.3 1.20224032587 108% => OK
Performance on coherence:
Topic speech coherence ratio: 0.169605910226 0.0833886788687 203% => Good job. The more, the better.
Acoustic performance on paragraphs:
How many acoustic paragraphs: 1.0 3.90020366599 26% => Need more acoustic paragraphs.
Average paragraph length: 154.0 71.3690273242 216% => The average paragraph length is high.
STD paragraph length: 0.0 24.1299301424 0% => OK
Average paragraph duration: 59.52 26.8388033085 222% => Need to control the rhythm of the speech
STD paragraph duration: 0.0 8.89323425527 0% => The duration of acoustic paragraphs keeps same.
Acoustic performance on sentences:
How many acoustic sentences: 29.0 40.266802444 72% => OK
Average acoustic sentence length: 5.31034482759 4.20756893501 126% => OK
STD acoustic sentence length: 3.75181287928 3.23972648638 116% => OK
Average acoustic sentences duration: 1.98068965517 1.51236819293 131% => OK
STD acoustic sentences duration: 1.16929371855 1.0352206224 113% => OK
Acoustic performance on acoustic silence:(An acoustic silence means a little pause between two or more words)
How many acoustic silence: 33.0 37.9022403259 87% => OK
Total acoustic silence duration: 4.86 7.22384928717 67% => OK
Average acoustic silence duration: 0.147272727273 0.193825474362 76% => Maybe the speech rate is too fast.
STD acoustic silence duration: 0.109219621039 0.16431695912 66% => OK
Acoustic performance on acoustic words:
Total word duration: 51.69 46.6644602851 111% => OK
Average word duration: 0.335649350649 0.304040633073 110% => OK
STD word duration: 0.202477913898 0.193491353168 105% => OK
Disfluencies: like hesitations, or 'ehn' or taking a long time to pronounce a word:
How many disfluencies: 9.0 8.88594704684 101% => OK
Total_disfluencies_duration: 7.54 6.97134419552 108% => OK
Total acoustic noise duration: 1.05 3.21433808554 33% => OK
Total speech duration: 59.52 59.1375356415 101% => OK
Compare to expected duration: 0.992 0.985625594026 101% => OK
Rate of silence: 0.554435483871 0.643888735843 86% => OK
Rate of speech: 2.5873655914 2.61565628039 99% => OK
Rate of speech by unique words: 1.68010752688 1.58604529434 106% => OK
Rate of word duration by unique words: 1.93461017605 2.01333574461 96% => OK
Average articulation rates: 0.37411461039 0.322651457988 116% => OK
Rates: 83.3333333333 out of 100
Scores by speech e-grader: 25.0 Out of 30
Note: the speech e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas.