TOEFL integrated writing: fuel-cell engines

The reading states that hydrogen based Feel- cell engines have several advantages and they are able to replace internal – combustion engine. However, the professor argues that the statement is too positive and refutes each of the author’s reasons.

The reading claims that the hydrogen source is not easily to be deprived as the internal – combustion engines’ source such as petroleum is. The professor disagrees in this point. She states that in order to produce high purity of hydrogen, the water changes the status to be liquid hydrogen, so this step is artificial and required a special storage – it requires minus fifty-three degrees Celsius. As a result, the hydrogen-based energy is limited because it is hardly to produce.

In addition, the reading posits that the hydrogen based cell engines, associated with cars, do not release the pollution as the internal combustion engines do. However, the professor states that even though the cars that have the hydrogen based cell engines do not produce the pollutions, manufacture processes do. To purify the hydrogen, high energy from burning of coal or oil is required. Therefore, the process of manufacturing of hydrogen causes the pollution as well.

Finally, the reading states that the hydrogen based cell engines facilitate economical benefit. Nevertheless, the professor argues that the process of hydrogen production is expensive due to in fact that it needs platinum for a chemical reaction which is pricy.

Sentence: Nevertheless, the professor argues that the process of hydrogen production is expensive due to in fact that it needs platinum for a chemical reaction which is pricy.
Error: pricy Suggestion: pricey ?