It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a

It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Nature versus nurture. It has been a long-standing debate on what influences our personality more. Whether the strings of DNA that define our genetics control our behaviour. Or is it the experiences that we gain throughout our lives which mould our response to a situation. Because, while we have been inundated with discoveries everyday where a fragment of the DNA is sliced and diced and incorporated in a rat to make it glow, no one can deny that their brain still thinks and interprets stimuli in their native (or mother) tongue. Rat language.

However, when we move on to things that are less cosmetic like the mole on the skin, when we try to identify someone not simply by his / her ethnicity or colour of skin or dialect, when we are in situations where we have to decide whether or not sharing a cup of coffee with him / her in the evening would be a desirable event; we tend to identify ourselves with them. We tend to picture them in our place, handling a situation that we know how we would respond to. Like, how hard would it be to convince the person in front to allow us to pay for the coffee.

The zeitgiest today is abundant with information, both the generic ones like the How To guides, and the deepest and personal ones on Facebook and Twitter. Its a click away. And the most important thing we look at first, or rather the one that's shown to us regardless, is what friends we have in common. What things we like. What topics we follow, and what opinion we share. A guy who has lived in the west would expect a more conservative attitude from a girl born in the middle east. Friendship with an Arsenal fan is sure to be stressful to the throat of a Manchester United fan.

Nevertheless, even with all this data available on-line, accessible as never before, there are still some things you would not find out until you have spent some time with the real person. Its not uncommon for people to moderate their profile pages, blacklist their habits or just photoshop their selfies, for the sake of appeal. What if he / she is part of a dreaded cult, or has an unfathomable phobia of blondes, or (just so that he / she is ready) packs a 9mm. How many friends do we expect a genius-in-science-dorky-looking introvert to have on-line? The information on-line is only as trustworthy as the person who uploaded it. The dilemma is, we are looking at this information to assess how trustworthy the person is. It is perfectly possible that a kid born in the most crime-infested city one day becomes the leader of the nation. And that the leader of the nation has his heart blackened by greed for power.

Why I have been referring to social networks in the passage above is because today, they are the first place we chose to go if we need to know more than the name of someone we just met. We want to know what they like, or would like. What would be a grave mistake, and what could potentially make you Best-Friends-Forever. At the same time, we maintain ourselves, and our profiles to present a holistic view of ourselves to others. In a way, these technologies, have given us the chance to present our case ourselves to who might be interested, and minimized the number of bases for someone to have a prejudiced image about us.

Sentence: Its a click away.
Description: The tag a determiner, possessive is not usually followed by a
Suggestion: Refer to Its and a

Sentence: Its not uncommon for people to moderate their profile pages, blacklist their habits or just photoshop their selfies, for the sake of appeal.
Description: A determiner, possessive is not usually followed by a negator
Suggestion: Refer to Its and not