1.Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, arc

The given argument debates about the indigenosity of uniquely woven baskets excavated by archaeologists near the ancient village of Palea. However, as similar baskets were found at a nearby village called Lithos, which was apparently, inaccessible to Palean inhabitants; archaeologists believe that the baskets may not have origins from Palea, solely.

Prehistoric events state that a barter economy was in place during those times. Thus, it is highly likely that the attractive, intricate woven baskets were exchanged amongst Palean villagers and villagers from villages apart from Lithos. Thus, an absence of evidence cannot form a basis for pointing the origin of baskets to Palea and Lithos alone. There may exist, just as Lithos, another village bearing the presence of such baskets.

The author is right in attributing the inability of Paleans to cross the mighty Brim river as the passage states. In that case, it is difficult and trivial to imagine swimmers crossing the mighty river to transport baskets.

However, the author has corroborated his hypothesis of absence of Palean boats because they were simply, not found. History tells us that rafts existed since the same prehistoric times. The reason for this might lie in the fact that boats are of considerable size in comparison to baskets and may not withstand time well. Moreover, intricately woven baskets would have high collectible value and might have been preserved by Paleans and Lithosinians. Boats have no such value and are dismantled after their lifetime and used for firewood or other uses. Thus, it is likely that boats may have existed and were responsible for transferring Palean baskets to Lithos thereby supplanting the indigenosity of baskets to Palea. The evidence for the same maybe present not in the form of physical artifacts but in ancient scriptures regarding transport in Palea.

Although, the author is right in his arguments to some extent, they should not be taken for face value. Rather, they should be cross-checked with similar conflicts and further evidence is needed to prove that the baskets were not from Palea only.

Sentence: Thus, it is likely that boats may have existed and were responsible for transferring Palean baskets to Lithos thereby supplanting the indigenosity of baskets to Palea.
Error: indigenosity Suggestion: No alternate word

-----------------------------

Try this pattern:
para 1: introduction
para 2: argument 1
para 3: argument 2
para 4: argument 3
para 5: conclusion

other arguments:

The Palean basket could arrive other place through many possible methods such as trade, or boats possessed by other culture.

In Palean times, the Brim River may not be as deep and broad as it is currently.

----------------------------