Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people Recently however archaeol

Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.

In this argument, the author attempts to criticize the claim that Woven baskets was made up only by the Palean people. He base his conclusion on the finding of such basket in an ancient village Lithos across the deep and broad Brim River, the assertion that ancient Paleans could cross the river only by boat and the fact that no Palean boats have been found. Whereas, lacking in cogent evidence, the validity of his argument is severely impaired.

As is mentioned, Brim River is broad and deep at present, which leads to the assumption that boat was the only possible transportation for ancient Pa...

He base his conclusion
He bases his conclusion

argument 3 -- better examples: suppose there are no Palean boat, maybe there are boats possessed by other culture.