The following was written as a part of an application for a small-business loan by a group of developers in the city of Monroe."A jazz music club in Monroe would be a tremendously profitable enterprise. Currently, the nearest jazz club is 65 miles away; t

The following was written as a part of an application for a small-business loan by a group of developers in the city of Monroe.

"A jazz music club in Monroe would be a tremendously profitable enterprise. Currently, the nearest jazz club is 65 miles away; thus, the proposed new jazz club in Monroe, the C-Note, would have the local market all to itself. Plus, jazz is extremely popular in Monroe: over 100,000 people attended Monroe's annual jazz festival last summer; several well-known jazz musicians live in Monroe; and the highest-rated radio program in Monroe is 'Jazz Nightly,' which airs every weeknight at 7 P.M. Finally, a nationwide study indicates that the typical jazz fan spends close to $1,000 per year on jazz entertainment."

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The argument that a jazz music club in the Monroe city will be highly profitable as jazz is very popular in the city and the nearest jazz club is 65 miles away, may seem to be logical at the first glance. The author makes a valid argument, one that could be correct if its premises were true. However, his conclusion relies on assumptions for which there is no supporting evidence and terms that lack definition.

First, the author has assumed that a large population of Monroe is addicted to jazz and will be willing to frequent the potential jazz club C-Note. The author has based this assum...

Sentence: If the author were to quote some local survey showing that Monroe residents do spend a considerable sum on jazz annully, it would steengthen his argument.
Error: steengthen Suggestion: strengthen
Error: annully Suggestion: No alternate word

Put a space after punctuation marks (We have corrected them in your essays. But don't forget it in real test). E-rater is sensitive.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre