Home >> .

Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position

apurvparekh30's picture

Looking at the current human action, one can say with a clinch that environment is going through its worst period. Authors claim that that nations should pass the law to preserve the remaining areas in their natural state is cogent as well as sensible. Nations should not only pass the law but make severe and diffuse it every common man. Nation should everything it can to inculcate these laws to people.

In some nations like India, people consider nature as their mother, but never bother to deface it. Human cupidity is going beyond the limit. For the reason of economic growth they marring the already endangered environmental situation. People are not abreast of what cost they or their successors have to pay for these actions. Cities like Mumbai,Delhi,New York known as center for economic growth, but people have made them a forest of concrete. Lack of wilder areas increased the population in these cities. Around 1.2 million died in Delhi from last 3 years suffering from pollution. Increase in deforestation and acquiring wilder land for development caused increase in temperature because of global warming. This has also lead to the culmination of wild life. Once country like India known for tigers now have only 1000 tigers alive. Many researchers and scientist have predicted that if this continues it will be soon deleterious to mankind.

Economic development is necessary and increase in population in metropolitan increases the population needs, but destroying the environment is not solution for that. Government and local authorities can take a action to enhance the existing usage of lands and other natural resources. It should not be allowed to anyone to harm wilder areas or to destroy the greenery without having substantiated reason.

Many countries are taking initiative to reduce this destruction of wilder areas. A good example of this is Bhutan, which is the only one carbon negative country in the world. Bhutan has reserved its 60% of land for forests. People in Bhutan plant around 1 lac tress every year to celebrate the birthday of their prince and now considered as happiest country in the world. Countries are celebrating world enviroment day and made amendment in their laws . People in nation should understand that they should respect for People in tomorrow.