You are hereThe charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing and inustrialised countries in 1980 and 1990.

The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing and inustrialised countries in 1980 and 1990.

fialka's picture

By fialka - Posted on 19 August 2013

The charts below let us compare the levels of participation in education and science in two types of countries in 1980 and 1990.

On the first chart the average years of schooling have been described. The number of years of schooling has increased to 3 in developing countries, and from 8.5 to 11 in industrialised countries.The indicators of industrialised countries are greater also on the second graph, which describes the quantity of scientists and technicans per 1000 people. To say exactly, the difference between the indicated countries is approximately 25 people in 1980 and 55 people in 1990.

Meanwhile, according to the third table it can be noted that in comparison with 1980 the amount of money spent on research and development has decreased to 30 in developing countries, in contrast, in industrialised countries this indicator has risen to 350 billion dollars.

To conclude, the difference between the levels of development of these countries, also shown in the levels of participationin education and science.

Some companies reward member of staff for their exceptional contribution to the company by giving them extra money. This practice can act as an incentive for some but may have a negative influence on others. Muhammad Daniyal
the chart below shows the different levels of post-school qualification in Australia and the proportion of men and women who held them in 1999 zeafba
IELTS ESSAY - Nowadays people are forgetting national celebrations and enjoying themselves on other days that are important to them personally. Discuss and give your opinion. devabe2005 sticky icon
The three diagrams bellow show the development of, and plant for, the coastal zone of Brightsea jesy
Television is dangerous because it destroys family life and any sense of community: instead of visiting people or talking with our family we just watch television.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? nikilos
Very few schoolchildren learn about the value of money and how to look after it,yet this is a critical life skill that should be taught as part of the school curriculum.Do you agree or disagree?Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.Give reaso robertzacaria
Happiness is considered very important in life.Why is it difficult to define?What factors are important in achieving happiness? liantriying
The young people in some countries are encouraged to work or travel for year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss about the advantages and the disadvantages. Fardhani Dwi Ar...
writing task 1 bar chart Azizat sticky icon
Buying things on the internet, such as book, air tickets and groceries, is becoming more and more popular. Do the advantages of shopping in this way outweigh the disadvantages. powergirl

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Universities should accept equal number of male and female student in every subject.To what extent di yiu agree or disagree ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers.They are used in business,hospitals,crime detection and even to fly planes.What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspecious of the dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books vaqif aliyev IELTS Writing Task II
The charts below give information about the way in which water was used in different countries in 2000 Nodira IELTS Writing Task I

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I
Machine translation (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
some people says that the teachers are best guide of children and some believe that parents are more better as compare to teachers. Discuss both view and give your opinion. kanwar singh IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: The number of years of schooling has increased to 3 in developing countries, and from 8.5 to 11 in industrialised countries.The indicators of industrialised countries are greater also on the second graph, which describes the quantity of scientists and technicans per 1000 people.
Error: technicans Suggestion: technicians

Sentence: Meanwhile, according to the third table it can be noted that in comparison with 1980 the amount of money spent on research and development has decreased to 30 in developing countries, in contrast, in industrialised countries this indicator has risen to 350 billion dollars.
Error: industrialised Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: To conclude, the difference between the levels of development of these countries, also shown in the levels of participationin education and science.
Error: participationin Suggestion: participation