Essay topics: The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing and inustrialised countries in 1980 and 1990.
The charts below let us compare the levels of participation in education and science in two types of countries in 1980 and 1990.
On the first chart the average years of schooling have been described. The number of years of schooling has increased to 3 in developing countries, and from 8.5 to 11 in industrialised countries.The indicators of industrialised countries are greater also on the second graph, which describes the quantity of scientists and technicans per 1000 people. To say exactly, the difference between the indicated countries is approximately 25 people in 1980 and 55 people in 1990.
Meanwhile, according to the third table it can be noted that in comparison with 1980 the amount of money spent on research and development has decreased to 30 in developing countries, in contrast, in industrialised countries this indicator has risen to 350 billion dollars.
To conclude, the difference between the levels of development of these countries, also shown in the levels of participationin education and science.
- The tables below show the students per lecturer and the number of students in various practice and lecture based subjects. Summarise the information in the following three tables and make comparisons where relevant (80)
- 1.Some believe that those who are not talented in language learning should not be required to learn a foreign language. Do you think school should require students to learn a foreign language? (63.3333)
- Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles.Other people feel that it is important to rest the mind during leisure time.•You should write at least 250 words.•You s (71.66670000000001)
- Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past.Do you agree or disagree? (67.7778)
- The line graph below gives information about the number of visitors to three London museums between June and September 2013.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (85)
- Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past.Do you agree or disagree? (75)
- Some people think that women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and air force just like men.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (67.5)
- Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace everyday .Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages ? (70)
- Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic problems and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective? (80)
- The pie charts below show the units of electricity production of fuel by source in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000. (75)