You are hereThe charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing and inustrialised countries in 1980 and 1990.

The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing and inustrialised countries in 1980 and 1990.

fialka's picture

By fialka - Posted on 19 August 2013

The charts below let us compare the levels of participation in education and science in two types of countries in 1980 and 1990.

On the first chart the average years of schooling have been described. The number of years of schooling has increased to 3 in developing countries, and from 8.5 to 11 in industrialised countries.The indicators of industrialised countries are greater also on the second graph, which describes the quantity of scientists and technicans per 1000 people. To say exactly, the difference between the indicated countries is approximately 25 people in 1980 and 55 people in 1990.

Meanwhile, according to the third table it can be noted that in comparison with 1980 the amount of money spent on research and development has decreased to 30 in developing countries, in contrast, in industrialised countries this indicator has risen to 350 billion dollars.

To conclude, the difference between the levels of development of these countries, also shown in the levels of participationin education and science.

Ekhlas US / Iraq

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

only people who earn a lot of money are successful. Do you agree or disagree with this definition of success. padma kumari
Young drivers are careless and overconfident, and too many are killed in accidents. To eliminate this problem, we could teach children the skills of safe driving while they are at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement. Mubariz sticky icon
Increasing the petrol price is the best way to solve growing traffic and congestion problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree. What other measures do you think might be effective. lmfonseca
Many people say that the only way to guarantee getting a good job is to complete a course of university education. Others claim that it is better to start work after school and gain experience in the world of work.How far do you agree or disagree with the Umb221
The bar chart below gives information about the percentage of the population living in the urban areas in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. mrmo2610 sticky icon
At present, science has been developing at a high speed, but people still have a high opinion of artists. What can the arts tell us of the life that science cannot? indra13
The table and bar chart show how journey times in a city center changed after improvements were made to the transport network, and the costs of using different forms of transport in the city.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main fe musrah
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. Give reason for your answer and incl goielts
In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution? falks405
IELTS essay: Computers can easily do all the basic and advanced calculations. Do you think that children should spend more time learning basic mathematics or advanced computer technology? Muhammad Daniyal

some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
tourism place in our townMiemie and Randayan Island yeran zeal
The graph below shows the percentage change in the nubmer of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006.-alam-(re-write) eddysuaib
The climograph below shows average monthly temperatures and rainfall in the city of Kolkata. eddysuaib sticky icon
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
The table below gives information about the underground railway systems in six cities fialka
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
You have just spent a weekend staying at the Lilo Hotel in Adelaide. When you get home you find that you have left a bag at the hotel.You should write at least 150 words.You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. eddysuaib
universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. hamidrezat
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Even though globalization affects the world’s economics in a very positive way, its negative side shouldn’t be forgotten. Discuss. Mubariz

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon

Sentence: The number of years of schooling has increased to 3 in developing countries, and from 8.5 to 11 in industrialised countries.The indicators of industrialised countries are greater also on the second graph, which describes the quantity of scientists and technicans per 1000 people.
Error: technicans Suggestion: technicians

Sentence: Meanwhile, according to the third table it can be noted that in comparison with 1980 the amount of money spent on research and development has decreased to 30 in developing countries, in contrast, in industrialised countries this indicator has risen to 350 billion dollars.
Error: industrialised Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: To conclude, the difference between the levels of development of these countries, also shown in the levels of participationin education and science.
Error: participationin Suggestion: participation