Children today are not as fit and healthy as in the past. Discuss the causes for this situation with relevant examples and give your opinion on possible solutions.

Nowadays, kids don't have immune system as good as kids in the past. They are less fit and get sick easily. I noticed two main reasons that take part on this. First is the food that they consume daily, and second is their daily activity.

We are now living in the world where many things can be produces instantly and food is one of them.Fast food stalls can be spotted easily in every city. We can also buy some frozen foods and cook it using microwave. In the compromise to its instant preparation, the food quality is not as good as it used to be. These kinds of food have minimum nutrition quality and some of them also contain preservative ingredients. By consuming instant food, kids will not get enough nutrition for their bodies and it lowers their immune system. They also eat less vegetables and fruits because instant foods taste better than these.

Secondly, kids' daily activities are mostly indoor. Unlike kids in the past who often played outside, kids today prefer to play video games or watch television. They move their bodies less. It gets even worse with the existence of malls. Now, they have indoor playground. Moving less makes our bodies weak and not stimulated. Not only that, some kids also wear glasses because they spend to much time playing video games.

I'd like to suggest that parents should pay more attention on this. If they don't want their kids to be unhealthy, they should provide them with healthy foods and push them to play outside. Table food that is prepared at home should have more vegetables and fruits. Parents should prepare more homemade foods rather than the instant ones. They can also take the kids to the beach or zoo instead of taking them to the mall on the weekend.