Is a college degree is less valuable or respected now than it was in the past?

A university degree is universally accepted as the document of one’s knowledge in depth. However, many people feel that the value of a college degree is diminished now, while others oppose. In this essay, I will explain why I feel that universities are not devaluated.

To begin with, education is a golden key to prosperity. In this age of economic recession, university degrees are vital to get a decent job. Increased levels of education will open the doors of opportunities for students. They can take a profession of their choice, and enjoy doing it, instead of being forced to take a low waged job that they dislike. Besides, a university degree is not just a key to job opportunities, but an answer to personal development. People become more independent, creative and bold. A gainful employment is the basic of a financial stability and can provide a better life for their family and dependents. Thus, their living status and self-satisfaction will increase. The more educated people, the better the world will be.

Apparently, higher educational degree means getting to know and understand yourself, the world and the subject better way. When they become employees or employers, as they know their rights and duties, they will turn in to good citizens and an asset to the country. Most importantly, the people those who are highly educated are an investment for the future. Presently, many countries are allocating a large portion of their budget for higher education hold testimony to this view. Moreover, every successful company seeks for employers who have university degree since a college degree serves as a proof that the individual has a good amount of learning ability. Furthermore, people need to learn new skills and courses in order to stay in the workforce of this rapidly changing world.

In conclusion, university degree not only provides deeper knowledge, but also plays an important role in the personal and economic progress. I personally feel, in this age of globalization and liberalization, the value of university degrees are surging day by day, and it will continue in the future too.

Sir..
I am not satisfied with this essay..
Please tell me your opinion.
I feel it’s better to agree and re-write an another essay...

Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.032 0.07 (it means your ideas 'jumping' among sentences to sentences. You need to focus on one thing and argue.)

You may take a look of this user's essays, the Sentence-Sentence Coherence is very high, though it is for GMAT/GRE essays:
http://www.testbig.com/users/sauvikb