You are hereDespite the warnings, a large number of people continue to smoke all over the world.Why should we be concerned about this?What solutions would you suggest?

Despite the warnings, a large number of people continue to smoke all over the world.Why should we be concerned about this?What solutions would you suggest?

Ramdhan Hidayat2's picture

By Ramdhan Hidayat2 - Posted on 29 November 2013

Despite the warnings, a large number of people continue to smoke all over the world.

Why should we be concerned about this?

What solutions would you suggest?

In the past, when the dangers of smoking are yet to be realized by doctors, the huge number of people smoking is proper. But, when the danger of smoking is not a secret anymore, to some intellectual people such as doctors and scientists, the number is understandable. They know how cigarette works in making the smoker become addict. As the consequence, they become the people who concerned most about the condition.

However, a lot of people still do not care about the big number of smokers around the world. They must be concerned about it, because smoking is the biggest supplier to the number of human died in cancer. Moreover, people who are in addiction to smoking often do not care whether they are in poor economic condition or not due to addiction. As a corollary to addiction, they often take the money for their children education in order to buy cigarettes.

Then, to diminish such catastrophe from human civilization, government must take the issue seriously, because they are the one who make regulation. They should ban the cigarette’s company to operate, because the company only sells deaths, not sells products. Although such action will make the company protests heatedly, that is the only way to save humans from wasteful deaths.

In a nutshell, people should concern a lo to smoking issues and government should takes brief actions to stop cigarette’s company.

Succeccful sports professionals can earn a great deal money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfairDiscuss both these views and give your opinion. fuady
Some say that because many people are living much longer, the age at which people retire from work should be raised considerably. To what extent do you agree or disagree? fialka
In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work.Some people regard this as completely wrong,while others consider is as valuable work experience,important for learning and taking responsibility.What are your opinions on this? Lalayev
The diagrams below show two methods of using water to produce electricity.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Yora
Happiness is considered very important in life. Why is it difficult to define? What factors are important in achieving happiness? MOJIONO
Your car is hired from a company and while you are driving on holiday, you have a small accident. You will have to write a report to the company to explain it. You need to explain:-when are where you hired it-describe how the accident happened-what kind o sfaht1 sticky icon
The graph below shows the unemployment rates in the US and Japan between March 1993 and March 1999. Dilbar
In some large cities, people have to pay a fee when they drive their cars into the city centre in a policy to reduce the number of cars in the city. Give reasons in support of and opposing this policy, and give your own opinion. eddysuaib
In the past, shopping was a routine domestic task. Many people nowadays regard it as a hobby. To what extent do you think this is a positive trend? Gabiu
Few languages are increasingly spoken in different countries,while the usage of others is rapidly declining.Is this a positive or a negative development? suzain

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS
You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say - Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? marzieh IELTS
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. hamedpa IELTS
Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life.Which do you consider to be the major influence? Dilbar IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: In a nutshell, people should concern a lo to smoking issues and government should takes brief actions to stop cigarette's company.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to should and takes

Minimum 250 words wanted.