The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The given diagrams displays two processes where the first one tells us about the life process of the silkworm, and the other describes the stages involved within the production of silk cloth.

Overall, both of these diagrams have to go through a number of steps to get silk cloth, which are complex.

As for the life journey of a silkworm, it begins when a moth lays its eggs on a leaf. It takes 10 days for those eggs to finally get silkworm larvae which is basically on a mulberry leaf. This leaf actually is also the food for these larvae. The next stage in the cycle is when the larvae starts shelling itself with silk thread. And it takes up to 4 to 6 weeks to reach the end of covering themselves with it which is a long enough period in comparison with others. At its fourth stage, it turns out to be a cocoon which is fully covered after 3 to 8 days and again after 16 days it becomes a moth. Hence, this moth again lays eggs and the process goes on.

Moving to silk cloth production, it firstly selects cocoons of better quality and then is boiled. Following this, boiled cocoon is unwound and gives a thread which is 300 to 900 meters long. Later on, almost three threads are twisted and put into a container so that it can be dyed. Another option to do this is to weave the thread around a rectangular board and again put into the dye water.