You are hereHuman beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substitues. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above

Human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substitues. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above

naresh dubaka's picture

By naresh dubaka - Posted on 28 August 2013

Human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substitues. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above.

In the modern life, people become increasingly more health conscious. They not only care about delicious food but also balanced and moderate eating. This has contributed to a high occurance of vegetarians. However, I am skeptical an idea that human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substances and a vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat. To me, this saying is not absoulutely right for some reasons.

In general, the human body needs protein to survive and thrive. Protein not only comes from meat but also from many plant sources such as grains,nuts,seeds,beans,whole grains and soy products. Meat is called complete protein because it contains all the amino acids that the body needs while soy beans are the only plant source of complete protein. Many other good sources of protein from plant are legumes,nuts,seeds and whole grains but they need to be eaten in combination to supply the full range of amino acids. Therefore if there is enough protein provided to satisfy your total daily requirement, you can totally be healthy without meat.

However, meatless products and meatless substances generally cannot provide as much vitamins and minetals as meat products do for instance, if you want your body to be provided sufficient calcium. you have to eat bout 3 kg potatoes per day. This is impossible and vitamin B12 is not formed in significant amount in any plant foods. More important, people do not eat meat have to eat many meals per day to get enough protein because the amount of protein in plant products is less. As a result a vegetarian diet cannot be as healthy as diet containing meat.

In briefly, it doesn't matter what kind of life style you are living. The most important thing you are better to know is that you need to supplement enough calarious that your body needs and get into regular daily exercise.

Popular events like the Football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tension and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. marzieh
It is believe that the traffic police should apply heavy fines to driver violating the traffic regulation in order to decrease the numbers of road accident. Do you agree or disagree with his idea? marzieh
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.to what extent do you agree and disagree?what measure do you think would be effective. dhila mansyur
WRITING TASK 2You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Many people believe that modern technology has brought people together, but others believe that technology has driven people apart.Discuss both these viewpoints a lynmelissa
As computer are being use more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teacher in the classroom. Discuss both these view. fuuaady
Write a letter to a Tafe College applying to enrol in a course next semester. You should state the course you wish to enrol in. you should mention why you wish to enrol and what qualifications you already have. JAHURA RAFI
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. subobhan
It is important to ensure that children with a wide range of abilities and from a variety of social backgrounds mix with each other at school.To what extent do you agree or disagree? naflaawfiyah
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth with poorer nations by providing them with things such as food and education? Or is this the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens? narmin.19
the current interest in famous people’s private lives has negative effects both for those people and for society as a whole. Newspapers should not be allowed to publish details of people’s privet lives unless it is clearly in the public interest.To what e farideh

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say - Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? marzieh IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. hamedpa IELTS
Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life.Which do you consider to be the major influence? Dilbar IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Fadlanmuzakki IELTS Writing Task II
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II

The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

They not only care about delicious food but also balanced and moderate eating.
Suggestion: They care about not only delicious food but also balanced and moderate eating.

Protein not only comes from meat but also from many plant sources
Suggestion: Protein comes not only from meat but also from many plant sources

Sentence: However, I am skeptical an idea that human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substances and a vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat.
Description: An adjective is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to skeptical and an

Sentence: This has contributed to a high occurance of vegetarians.
Error: occurance Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: To me, this saying is not absoulutely right for some reasons.
Error: absoulutely Suggestion: absolutely

not only ... but also ... is not used properly; and don't use it a lot of times in one essay