You are hereHuman beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substitues. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above

Human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substitues. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above

naresh dubaka's picture

By naresh dubaka - Posted on 28 August 2013

Human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substitues. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above.

In the modern life, people become increasingly more health conscious. They not only care about delicious food but also balanced and moderate eating. This has contributed to a high occurance of vegetarians. However, I am skeptical an idea that human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substances and a vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat. To me, this saying is not absoulutely right for some reasons.

In general, the human body needs protein to survive and thrive. Protein not only comes from meat but also from many plant sources such as grains,nuts,seeds,beans,whole grains and soy products. Meat is called complete protein because it contains all the amino acids that the body needs while soy beans are the only plant source of complete protein. Many other good sources of protein from plant are legumes,nuts,seeds and whole grains but they need to be eaten in combination to supply the full range of amino acids. Therefore if there is enough protein provided to satisfy your total daily requirement, you can totally be healthy without meat.

However, meatless products and meatless substances generally cannot provide as much vitamins and minetals as meat products do for instance, if you want your body to be provided sufficient calcium. you have to eat bout 3 kg potatoes per day. This is impossible and vitamin B12 is not formed in significant amount in any plant foods. More important, people do not eat meat have to eat many meals per day to get enough protein because the amount of protein in plant products is less. As a result a vegetarian diet cannot be as healthy as diet containing meat.

In briefly, it doesn't matter what kind of life style you are living. The most important thing you are better to know is that you need to supplement enough calarious that your body needs and get into regular daily exercise.

Ekhlas US / Iraq

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

Michaelsal Belgium

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

More and more people are relying on cars as their preferable mode of transport. What are the problems associated with this overdependence? what can be done to control this? gagansaran
It is becoming more and more difficult to escape the influence of the media on our lives.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a media rich society. serene123
Writing Task 1 (at least 150 words)The graph below shows the total value of exports and the value of fuel, food and manufactured goods exported by one country from 2000 to 2005.summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and ma amelia
The three pie charts show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001. fialka sticky icon
Every country should provide basic health care to its people even if they don't have access to advanced technology. Comment. vvikramvverma
Many people choose to learn practical subjects therefore theoretical subjects will be no longer be taught in universities. Do you agree or disagree? marjloveselmo
The idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashioned one. The new fashion will be have several careers or ways of earning money and further education will be something that continues throughout life fialka
Young drivers are careless and overconfident, and too many are killed in accidents. To eliminate this problem, we could teach children the skills of safe driving while they are at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement. Mubariz sticky icon
We have been living in the nuclear age now for over half a century. Since the first atomic bombs were developed, nuclear technology has provided governments with the ability to totally destroy the planet. Yet the technology has been put to positive use as serene123
The graph below shows the consuption of fish and some different kinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004. Irene Ridson

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status carmela6

Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon

They not only care about delicious food but also balanced and moderate eating.
Suggestion: They care about not only delicious food but also balanced and moderate eating.

Protein not only comes from meat but also from many plant sources
Suggestion: Protein comes not only from meat but also from many plant sources

Sentence: However, I am skeptical an idea that human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substances and a vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat.
Description: An adjective is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to skeptical and an

Sentence: This has contributed to a high occurance of vegetarians.
Error: occurance Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: To me, this saying is not absoulutely right for some reasons.
Error: absoulutely Suggestion: absolutely

not only ... but also ... is not used properly; and don't use it a lot of times in one essay