You are hereHuman beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substitues. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above

Human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substitues. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above

naresh dubaka's picture

By naresh dubaka - Posted on 28 August 2013

Human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substitues. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above.

In the modern life, people become increasingly more health conscious. They not only care about delicious food but also balanced and moderate eating. This has contributed to a high occurance of vegetarians. However, I am skeptical an idea that human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substances and a vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat. To me, this saying is not absoulutely right for some reasons.

In general, the human body needs protein to survive and thrive. Protein not only comes from meat but also from many plant sources such as grains,nuts,seeds,beans,whole grains and soy products. Meat is called complete protein because it contains all the amino acids that the body needs while soy beans are the only plant source of complete protein. Many other good sources of protein from plant are legumes,nuts,seeds and whole grains but they need to be eaten in combination to supply the full range of amino acids. Therefore if there is enough protein provided to satisfy your total daily requirement, you can totally be healthy without meat.

However, meatless products and meatless substances generally cannot provide as much vitamins and minetals as meat products do for instance, if you want your body to be provided sufficient calcium. you have to eat bout 3 kg potatoes per day. This is impossible and vitamin B12 is not formed in significant amount in any plant foods. More important, people do not eat meat have to eat many meals per day to get enough protein because the amount of protein in plant products is less. As a result a vegetarian diet cannot be as healthy as diet containing meat.

In briefly, it doesn't matter what kind of life style you are living. The most important thing you are better to know is that you need to supplement enough calarious that your body needs and get into regular daily exercise.

ramatfrij france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

MiguelHomy Bangladesh

Why might the people need the short break from work? Is the short break really important to all the people? Pelegehe
Some People Believe That Visitor to Other Countries Should Follow Local Customs and Behaviour. Others Disagree and Think That the Host Country Should Welcome Cultural Differences. Discuss Both These Views and Give Your Own Opinion. Saleh_ADNA
Creative artists should always be given freedom to express their own ideas (in words, picture, music, film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement? D O N
IELTS essay:Globalization impacts on culture identity linda85
IELTS WRITING TASK 1 BINUDANIEL20 sticky icon
In many parts of the world, children’s lives were very different from today.What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of life for children in the past? Andi Alamsyah
So people see that advertising is a key part of modern business while others see this advertising manipulates people to buy unimportant products. Do you think the positive or negative of advertising? Give some reasons for your answer avista_nada
The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. MOJIONO
Every country should have a free health service, even if this means that the latest medical treatments may not be available through this service because they are too expensive.To what extend do you agree with this statement? subodh860
Graphs of sources of world and local news in UK since 1987 until 1997 rizqifahma

Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children.Do you agree or disagree? marzieh
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee
Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Which viewpoint do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your eddysuaib sticky icon
Do good exam results at school or college guarantee success in life?Discuss the advantages that a good education can have on your future.Do you believe that studying hard will bring a better life? (REWRITE) eddysuaib
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
All over the world, societies are facing a growing problem with obesity. This problem affects both children and adults. What are the reasons for this rise in obesity? How it could be tackled? tycoonss
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon

The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon

They not only care about delicious food but also balanced and moderate eating.
Suggestion: They care about not only delicious food but also balanced and moderate eating.

Protein not only comes from meat but also from many plant sources
Suggestion: Protein comes not only from meat but also from many plant sources

Sentence: However, I am skeptical an idea that human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substances and a vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat.
Description: An adjective is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to skeptical and an

Sentence: This has contributed to a high occurance of vegetarians.
Error: occurance Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: To me, this saying is not absoulutely right for some reasons.
Error: absoulutely Suggestion: absolutely

not only ... but also ... is not used properly; and don't use it a lot of times in one essay