You are hereIt is generally agreed that the amount of rubbish created by humans today is a worldwide problem. What do you think are the main causes of this situation? What measures can be used to tackle the problem?

It is generally agreed that the amount of rubbish created by humans today is a worldwide problem. What do you think are the main causes of this situation? What measures can be used to tackle the problem?

Azizat's picture

By Azizat - Posted on 15 June 2013

One of the most common problems that humans face today is the amount of rubbish created by them. It is still unanswered why some people do not put their garbage into special bins, while others are trying to avoid unnecessary materials to lie on the road. There are many reasons for that.

First of all, nowadays there are lots of manufactures, which everyday produce billions of stuff. They usually are competing with other organizations, so that huge amounts of useless products are being manufactured in order to increase the popularity of a particular factory. This leads to overproduction and people consequently purchase lots of useless things. After realizing that these objects are so needless, adults throw them away. Therefore, huge amount of waste objects occur.

Secondly, it is important to state that these days the quantity of population on the Earth is rising with a huge margin. This means that the amount of stuff people use is also increasing. Consequently more and more rubbish is being produced. For example, Chinese towns which are leaders in terms of number of population are usually filthy, too. Overproduction of rubbish in these cases is unavoidable.

Moreover, sometimes the large amount of rubbish produced by humans is not a direct result of overpopulation or companies’ competing. It is because many people these days are uneducated and disrespectful to others. They throw stuff everywhere they see an empty place.

In my opinion, the only thing that can be done in order to decrease the amount of waste products is establishing more rubbish bins in the streets. I think people will throw products into them and this will make others believe that actually there is not so much garbage.

To conclude, I believe that despite the fact that the large amount of rubbish produced by humans today is a worldwide problem, increasing the number of small things like rubbish bins in the street can solve this challenging problem.