You are hereThe line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows the most popular countries visited by UK residents in 1999.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows the most popular countries visited by UK residents in 1999.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

Sabee's picture

By Sabee - Posted on 07 October 2013

The line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows the most popular countries visited by UK residents in 1999.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

Write at least 150 words.

The line graph illustrates the travelling people from UK and to the UK from 1979 to 1999 and the bar graph demonstrates the UK resident have visited five different countries in 1999. It is immediately evident that number of the people visited abroad from UK was the higher than people came to UK. France was the most popular country among UK residents.

To begin with, in 1979, approximately 12 million people immigrated to 5 different countries that gradually increased though out the period (from 12 million to 55 million). On the other hand, 10 million visitors had visited UK from different countries, the number of the people visited UK constantly increased between 1979 and 1999. (10 – 28 millions) but it was just half than the people migrated from UK.

In 1999, France was the most favorite country with UK residents. Approximately 12 million people visited France,. Second desirable country was Spain; 8 million visitors came to Spain. In USA, Greece and Turkey people came approximately 4, 3 and 2 million respectively.

In conclusion, most desirable country was the France and least one was the Turkey.