Essay topics: The line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows the most popular countries visited by UK residents in 1999.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
The line graph illustrates the travelling people from UK and to the UK from 1979 to 1999 and the bar graph demonstrates the UK resident have visited five different countries in 1999. It is immediately evident that number of the people visited abroad from UK was the higher than people came to UK. France was the most popular country among UK residents.
To begin with, in 1979, approximately 12 million people immigrated to 5 different countries that gradually increased though out the period (from 12 million to 55 million). On the other hand, 10 million visitors had visited UK from different countries, the number of the people visited UK constantly increased between 1979 and 1999. (10 – 28 millions) but it was just half than the people migrated from UK.
In 1999, France was the most favorite country with UK residents. Approximately 12 million people visited France,. Second desirable country was Spain; 8 million visitors came to Spain. In USA, Greece and Turkey people came approximately 4, 3 and 2 million respectively.
In conclusion, most desirable country was the France and least one was the Turkey.
- As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom (73.33329999999999)
- Writing Task 2 (60)
- Some people believe that manufacturer and supermarket should minimize the packaging materials used ,however other think that consumer should avoid to buy heavily packaged goods. discuss both views and give you opinion. (60)
- Task 1 (60)
- The pie chart show the percentage of person arrested in the five year period ending 1994 and the bar graph shows the most recent reasons for arrest. (60)
- The graph shows the proportion of population aged 65 and over between 1940and 2040 in three different countries. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (73.33329999999999)
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? or is the responsibility of the government of poorer countries to look after their own citizen? (70)
- Some countries achieve international success, building specialised sports facilities for top athletes to train, instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Positive or negative? (70)
- Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. (90)
- Many university students live with their families while others need to live to live away from home because their universities are in different places. What are the advantages and disadvantages both situations. (60)