You are hereThe line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows the most popular countries visited by UK residents in 1999.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows the most popular countries visited by UK residents in 1999.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

Sabee's picture

By Sabee - Posted on 07 October 2013

The line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows the most popular countries visited by UK residents in 1999.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

Write at least 150 words.

The line graph illustrates the travelling people from UK and to the UK from 1979 to 1999 and the bar graph demonstrates the UK resident have visited five different countries in 1999. It is immediately evident that number of the people visited abroad from UK was the higher than people came to UK. France was the most popular country among UK residents.

To begin with, in 1979, approximately 12 million people immigrated to 5 different countries that gradually increased though out the period (from 12 million to 55 million). On the other hand, 10 million visitors had visited UK from different countries, the number of the people visited UK constantly increased between 1979 and 1999. (10 – 28 millions) but it was just half than the people migrated from UK.

In 1999, France was the most favorite country with UK residents. Approximately 12 million people visited France,. Second desirable country was Spain; 8 million visitors came to Spain. In USA, Greece and Turkey people came approximately 4, 3 and 2 million respectively.

In conclusion, most desirable country was the France and least one was the Turkey.

superstar dennis1223
The two pie charts show the petterns of expenditure in the US between 1966 - 1996. Gagandeep kour
Many people think that international travel will decrease in the future. Do you think this will be a positive or a negative development? marzieh
Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours maryam2900
Most of the schools are planning to replace sports and exercise classes with more academic sessions. What is your opinion on this change? How is this change will affect children’s life in your view? devabe2005
Films can tell us a lot about the country where they were made. What have you learned about a country from watching its movies? Use specific examples and details to support your response. AryaPengaringan
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features,and make comparison where relevant. Lalayev
People naturally resist making changes in their lives. What kind of problem can this causes ? what solutions can you suggest ? gillgurpreet sticky icon
The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kind of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004. Vusal347
The chart below gives information on the global sale of hybrid vehicle between 2006 and 2009. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. powergirl

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. Mita Puspasari IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
In some countries, young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. leki55555 IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Discussion about Smoking alfitrah8.5 IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
The graphs below show the numbers of male and female workers in 1975 and 1995 in several employment sectors of the republic of Freedonia.Write a report for a university teacher describing the information shown. agienugroho91 IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

that number of the people visited abroad from UK was the higher than people came to UK.
Suggestion: Can you re-write this sentence?

approximately 12 million people immigrated to 5 different countries
Description: are you sure the word 'immigrate' is used properly here?