You are hereThe line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows the most popular countries visited by UK residents in 1999.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows the most popular countries visited by UK residents in 1999.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

Sabee's picture

By Sabee - Posted on 07 October 2013

The line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows the most popular countries visited by UK residents in 1999.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

Write at least 150 words.

The line graph illustrates the travelling people from UK and to the UK from 1979 to 1999 and the bar graph demonstrates the UK resident have visited five different countries in 1999. It is immediately evident that number of the people visited abroad from UK was the higher than people came to UK. France was the most popular country among UK residents.

To begin with, in 1979, approximately 12 million people immigrated to 5 different countries that gradually increased though out the period (from 12 million to 55 million). On the other hand, 10 million visitors had visited UK from different countries, the number of the people visited UK constantly increased between 1979 and 1999. (10 – 28 millions) but it was just half than the people migrated from UK.

In 1999, France was the most favorite country with UK residents. Approximately 12 million people visited France,. Second desirable country was Spain; 8 million visitors came to Spain. In USA, Greece and Turkey people came approximately 4, 3 and 2 million respectively.

In conclusion, most desirable country was the France and least one was the Turkey.

apastyRag Ethiopia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

You have a friend who lives in a city abroad.You have decided that you would like to apply to do a course at one of the colleges in this city.Write to your friend explaining what you would like to do. Tell him/her what type of work or studies you have bee eddysuaib sticky icon
Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours iceecreami
The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive. The table shows these causes affected three regions of the worlds during the 1990s. SallyDing
In order to learn language well, we should learn about the country as well as the cultures and lifestyles of the people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Nur Shabrina
Some people argue that companies and private individuals, not government, should pay the bill of pollution clean up. To what extent do you. Mita Puspasari
The table gives information about the underground railway systems in six cities. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Vusal347
Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more advantages of living in an apartment.Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house as compared with living in an apartment? grt2bagal sticky icon
Air traffic is increasingly leading to more noise, pollution, and airport construction. One reason for this is the growth in low-cost passenger flights, often to holiday destinations.Some people say that government should try to reduce air traffic by taxi subodh860
Improvement in health, education and trade are essential for the development of poor nations. However, the governments of richer nations should take more responsibility for helping the poorer nations in such areas jackykeizen@gma...
Some people regard video games as harmless fun, or even as a useful educational tool. Others, however, believe that video games are having an adverse effect on the people who play them. In your opinion, do the drawbacks of video games outweigh the benefit ieltstaker1410

Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
You are an international student and have borrowed a book from the local public library.You left the book on a bus and when you contacted the bus company, they could not find it.Write a letter to the librarian explaining the situation and asking what you eddysuaib sticky icon
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?Give reasons for your answer.Write at least 250 words.(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/) Jittip
The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source in Australiaand France in 1980 and 2000. (Part 1) eddysuaib sticky icon
You have recently heard that a friend of yours has had some problems as a result of some unusual weather. Write a letter to your friend.In your letterexpress concern (i.e. say you are sorry to hear what has happened)tell them about a similar experience th eddysuaib sticky icon
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You are looking for a part-time job.Write a letter to an employment agency. In your letterintroduce yourselfexplain what sort of job you would likeand say what experience and skills you haveWrite at least 150 eddysuaib
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination.Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, eddysuaib sticky icon
Male and female fitness membership -Syerapke- (overwrite) eddysuaib

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu

Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon

that number of the people visited abroad from UK was the higher than people came to UK.
Suggestion: Can you re-write this sentence?

approximately 12 million people immigrated to 5 different countries
Description: are you sure the word 'immigrate' is used properly here?