Essay topics: The main reason people go to work is to earn money. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
It is true that the prime factor which drives people to work is money. There may be various ranges of reasons for working, but I somewhat believe that financial reason is the main motivation for people to work.
I agree that the majority of people work in order to earn money. Before taking any other factors into account, it is normal to first consider the salary that a particular post offers. It is rare to hear of a person who happily takes cut in pay when they beginning a new job. We all need money to pay our basic necessities, such as accommodation, bills and food. Many adults also have families who depend on the wages they earn and at the same time they are conscious about the savings for the future. If we no longer needed the money, I doubt most of us would continue in our jobs.
Despite the above arguments, I believe that there are also some other factors why people work. Work is a way of realizing one’s social value, earn money is not the only purpose. For example, Mother Theresa never worked for money, but was immensely happy with what she was doing. Work can motivate people to move forward in life, learn new skills and knowledge, become useful in society. Furthermore, working makes a good person either for himself or for his families and people also work to have communication with others which makes more cheerful in life.They can earn their money, not depend on others which makes them more confident.
For the reasons mentioned above, I somewhat agree that financial reason is the main attraction and motivation for people to work.
- Many criminals re-offend after they have been punished. Why do some people continue to commit crimes after they have been punished, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem? (80.71429999999999)
- As computers are being used more and more in education, there will soon be no role for the teacher in the classroom. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (82.8571)
- More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universities in a foreign country. Do the benefits of studying abroad outweigh the drawbacks? (70)
- Many people believe that an effective public transport system is a key component of a modern city. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of public transport. (87.5)
- Traffic congestion is becoming a huge problem for many major cities. Discuss the problems and Suggest some measures that could be taken to reduce traffic in big cities. (75.10639999999999)
- More and more people are migrating to cities in search of a better life, but city life can be extremely difficult. Explain some of the difficulties of living in a city. How can governments make urban life better for everyone? (75)
- Positive and negative view of nuclear power (65.5556)
- Many people believe that it is important to protect the environment, but they make no effort to protect it themselves.Why do you think it is the case?What actions do you think that individuals can do to protect the environment (73.1818)
- It has been said that the world is becoming a global village in which there are no boundaries to trade and communication. Do the benefits of globalisation outweigh the drawbacks? (72.381)
- Differences between countries become less evident each year. Nowadays, all over the world people share the same fashions, advertising, brands, eating habits and TV channels. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of this? (73.33329999999999)