In many parts of the world, children’s lives were very different from today.What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of life for children in the past?

In many parts of the world, children’s lives were very different from today.
What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of life for children in the past?

Nowadays, children's daily lives are completely different. The way people live already change. There are several things that people do in the past but it does not exist anymore. There were both advantages and disadvantages regarding children’s lives.

There were a number of benefits of children’s way of life in the past. Firstly, children tend to spend more time with their nuclear family. They were glad and enjoyed their gathering with family members. They thought that their families were everything. Secondly, when they had free time, they only played with other children who lived nearby, especially on the weekends. So, it made their parents did not worry about their commingling. They would prefer walking home from school, rather than asked for their parents to pick them up. It was good because they were trained to be independent.

On the other hand, there were several bad things. Children in the past had less competitive passion to battle with their friends, because almost there was no pressure from be successful. They think that they were forbidden to compete but they had to cooperate each other. They were too relaxed. That’s why, they sometimes did dangerous activities to challenge themselves. Climbing trees and swimming in the rivers were some activities that they usually did. Moreover, most of children in the past did not know technologies. They did not have computer and TV. This made them out of date.

In a nutshell, by paying attention to both sides, I strongly believe that although children’s live in the past had a lot of benefits but several bad things force us to rethink which sides better are.

Sentence: Children in the past had less competitive passion to battle with their friends, because almost there was no pressure from be successful.
Description: A preposition is not usually followed by a verb 'to be', infinitive or imperative
Suggestion: Refer to from and be

it made their parents did not worry about their commingling.
Suggestion: Can you re-write this sentence?

Sentence: So, it made their parents did not worry about their commingling.
Error: commingling Suggestion: No alternate word

More compound or complex sentences wanted.