modern lifestyles means that many parents have little time for their children. many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past. do the advantages over weigh the disadvantages??

Time passed by making several changes. The modern lifestyle of families have changed drastically when compared to past years.

Families pretend to be modern by adopting different lifestyles but are less aware of the drawbacks. They see only the temporary benefit of bringing up children being independent and responsible for their acts. Training children to fight and stand in front of the world.

Way back in the last 30-40 years, families had a different atmosphere at home and in society. Grandparents were considered as the head of the family. Fathers were consulted in every matter. For instance, if the discussion was on purchasing a vehicle. All the members of the family should be present and discussions were conducted and all agree upon decisions made by elders. This created a sense of love, respect etiquette and discipline within children as they see these gestures in front of their eyes. Unfortunately, as time passed by families began to adopt modern lifestyles. Before parents concentrated on upbringing of children in a different manner. But now neither children nor adults want to be advised. All are grown ups in their sight.

Furthermore, there is very little time spent with children. Due to this children suffer lot from negligence. Earlier families were social and at the same time family oriented. But the change of lifestyle has had a psychological effect on children's mind. There is very little emotional bond between parents and children.

Children are more attracted towards the outside world and prefer to spend time with friends rather than to enjoy time with family. The emotional bond is getting vanished. Less interaction with children results to suffer and hide feelings and may fall into bad company.

I believe modern lifestyle is not everything to be blamed at; parents play a far more important role in bringing up children. Consequently its disadvantages overweight its advantages.

Sentence: The modern lifestyle of families have changed drastically when compared to past years.
Suggestion: The modern lifestyle of families has changed drastically when compared to past years.

Training children to fight and stand in front of the world.
Description: what is the verb for this sentence?