Essay topics: Most of the world's poor live in countries where tourism is a growing industry. Tourism does not benefit the poorest. How can the income generated by tourism benefit the poor? And how can we ensure that tourism does not destroy traditional cultures and way of life? What are your views?
Tourism has become one of the most profitable sectors which run well for most governments. However, there is a concern that their poor citizens do not benefit from the business of tourism, especially in an economic viewpoint. Furthermore, what some people worry about is that local cultures can be eroded due to tourisms. This essay will examine a numbers of solutions that could alleviate these side effects of tourism.
There are two good ideas for providing greater opportunities in taking part of this business to the poor. Firstly, in spite of allowing foreign firms to run business in tourism area, the government should strictly limit this number of businesses, such as hotels, shops, and restaurants. The government should open widely these business opportunities to the local communities. By limiting the number of foreign businesses, the local people could develop their businesses, such as ethnic shops, restaurants, and accommodation which in turn can raise their income too. Another vital role of the government might be by providing soft-loans for running a business by the poor. This would be a good idea as soft loans have low interest and long term payment. Unfortunately, some countries could not easily afford adequate funds to execute this solution.
In terms of preserving traditional cultures and ways of life, it would be useful to increase the pride and 'sense of belonging' of the local people. It could be done by the help of education. In Indonesia, there are a number of subjects in elementary to high school which relate to our cultures. In addition, the business doers in tourism, such as travel agencies , tourist bureau, and also tourist guide could inform foreigners to understand better and respect the native cultures.
For all of these viewpoints, the government should limit the number of foreign co operations and stimulate the poor to actively engage in the tourism businesses.
- Today, computers can translate all languages. Some people believe that there is no need for children to learn more languages in future. Do you agree or disagree? (0)
- Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice of family and friends. Other people believe that the best way of learning about life is through personal experience. Compare the advantages of these two different w (70)
- Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students. Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students.Discuss these views. Which view do you agree with? Explain why. (73.33329999999999)
- In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. (80)
- many people say that computers can play role of a teacher in class. do you agree or disagree? (75)
- As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. (80)
- should doctors and engineers be paid more than film actors? (83.33329999999999)
- It is expected that in the future the proportion of older people will become larger than the younger people in many countries. Is this a positive or negative development? (62.8571)
- Some say that people should continue to work in the same job for a lifetime. Others say they should change jobs at least once during their career. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? (85)
- Full time university students spend most of the time in studying. They should do other activities too. To what extent do you agree or disagree. (65)