The only way to cut the crime rate is build more prisons and make prison sentences longer. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

We must acknowledge that criminal people do not have a threat of living their lives in prisons as they break the law even after being released. In addition, prolonging the punishment period can create aggression in criminally inclined peoples’ characters. For instance, a person is accused of theft and is sentenced for a longer period than usual, and prison life deteriorates his psychology and he becomes worse than usual. Furthermore, aggravating punishment measures in order to prevent criminals from crimes can be result in contradictory consequences. For example, in that case criminals are more likely to revenge government due to making prison sentences longer as well.

Obviously, the threat of being sentenced can avoid people committing crimes as well as breaking law. For example, building more prisons everywhere can be a warning for people, as they can see how prison life deprives their liberty as well as isolate them from the society. Additionally, criminals are less likely to commit crimes, basically to take risks by committing minor crimes and spend much time in the prison. As regards, to aggravated crimes, people will be aware that committing such kind of crimes can make them to spend their throughout life in the prison. As an example, making prison sentences longer will consider mediocre crimes to be grave ones as well.

To sum up, I would like to reiterate that building more prisons as well as making prison sentences longer can be result in decrease of crimes. Because people are most likely to obey laws due to fear not their own choices.

better to have 5 paragraphs:

para 1: introduction.
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion