You are hereIn the past, many people had skills such as making their own clothes and doing repair to things in the house. IN many countries, nowadays, skills like these are disappearing. Why do you think this change is happening? How far is this situation true to you

In the past, many people had skills such as making their own clothes and doing repair to things in the house. IN many countries, nowadays, skills like these are disappearing. Why do you think this change is happening? How far is this situation true to you

pip depp's picture

By pip depp - Posted on 03 December 2013

In the past, many people had skills such as making their own clothes and doing repair to things in the house. IN many countries, nowadays, skills like these are disappearing. Why do you think this change is happening? How far is this situation true to your country?

Today people and their skills are changing with the advancements of new techniques and trends. Traditional skills like weaving, making own clothes and maintenance at home are diminishing day by day. In this essay, I will contend more than one reason behind this change and I will illustrate my country’s situation in regard to this issue.

The foremost reason is the new trends and its convenience. People can easily buy new, colourful and comfortable clothes nearby instead of doing month’s hard work to make clothes at home. Moreover today’s machinery is like, it is bit more hard to open, repair and assemble again with limited tools. For instance, in the past, the fans were simple with less to less tools inside and simply nuts and bolts outside. However, now the situation is quite opposite. The next reason is time. People are getting busy their schedule that this is easier to go in the market and let the work done within 2-3 hours.

In addition to all, the next generation is getting education to indulge themselves to meet globalization needs and goals such as skills related to technology, doctors, scientists and the like than merely to do repair or make clothes at home.

In fact, in my country India, there still exist very old traditional villages where people could be seen doing such works at home. However, slowly, this old tradition is disappearing as new advancements are spreading its roots all over the place. Nevertheless, in most of the other parts of the country, these traditional work routines are already disappeared.

To conclude, sometimes this becomes a necessity to go with the changing world. People are adapting new clothes, techniques and living standards so quickly that these old routines could severely exist.

Some people regard work as the most important thing in life and have little interest in anything else. Other people are more enthusiastic about their hobbies and leisure interests than their jobs. vicky123 sticky icon
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extend do you agre or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective? andaihiep
Mobile phone and the internet are very useful. However, it is rare for the old people to use them. In what ways can mobile phone and the internet be useful to the old people? What could be done to encourage the old people to use? Lienk
The two graphs below show the percentage of smokers and the cnsumption of alcohol in litres in selected countries,for the period 1960-2000.Summaries the information by choosing and reporting the key features,and make any relevant comparisons. Gladys Suandi
Happiness is considered very important in life. Why is it difficult to define? What factors are important in achieving happiness? su sozen
Happiness is considered very important in life. Why is it difficult to define? What factors are important in achieving happiness? fialka
the table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999 Sabee
The two pie charts show the petterns of expenditure in the US between 1966 - 1996. Gagandeep kour
The diagrams below show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process. Summarise the information by choosing and reporting the key features, and make any relevant comparisons. Nur Shabrina
The diagram below show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process. Summarise the information by choosing and reporting the key features, and make any relevant comparisons. tiads

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say - Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. Some people argue that fast food has negative effects on our lifestyle and diet. Do you agree or disagree. mrmo2610 IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
The charts below show the results of a survey of adult education. The first chart shows the reasons why adults decide to study. The pie chart shows how people think the costs of adult education should be shared.Summarise the information by selecting and r naresh dubaka IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Fadlanmuzakki IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. amy_putrie IELTS Writing Task II

Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

People are getting busy their schedule
People are getting busy with their schedule