You are hereIn the past, many people had skills such as making their own clothes and doing repair to things in the house. IN many countries, nowadays, skills like these are disappearing. Why do you think this change is happening? How far is this situation true to you

In the past, many people had skills such as making their own clothes and doing repair to things in the house. IN many countries, nowadays, skills like these are disappearing. Why do you think this change is happening? How far is this situation true to you

pip depp's picture

By pip depp - Posted on 03 December 2013

In the past, many people had skills such as making their own clothes and doing repair to things in the house. IN many countries, nowadays, skills like these are disappearing. Why do you think this change is happening? How far is this situation true to your country?

Today people and their skills are changing with the advancements of new techniques and trends. Traditional skills like weaving, making own clothes and maintenance at home are diminishing day by day. In this essay, I will contend more than one reason behind this change and I will illustrate my country’s situation in regard to this issue.

The foremost reason is the new trends and its convenience. People can easily buy new, colourful and comfortable clothes nearby instead of doing month’s hard work to make clothes at home. Moreover today’s machinery is like, it is bit more hard to open, repair and assemble again with limited tools. For instance, in the past, the fans were simple with less to less tools inside and simply nuts and bolts outside. However, now the situation is quite opposite. The next reason is time. People are getting busy their schedule that this is easier to go in the market and let the work done within 2-3 hours.

In addition to all, the next generation is getting education to indulge themselves to meet globalization needs and goals such as skills related to technology, doctors, scientists and the like than merely to do repair or make clothes at home.

In fact, in my country India, there still exist very old traditional villages where people could be seen doing such works at home. However, slowly, this old tradition is disappearing as new advancements are spreading its roots all over the place. Nevertheless, in most of the other parts of the country, these traditional work routines are already disappeared.

To conclude, sometimes this becomes a necessity to go with the changing world. People are adapting new clothes, techniques and living standards so quickly that these old routines could severely exist.