With the pressure on today s people to succeed academically some people believe that non academic subjects at school e g physical education and cookery should be removed from the syllabus so that children can wholly concentrate on academic subjects T

There are many discussions about modern education at schools. It is believed that schoolchildren need to study academic subjects rather than non-academic ones. Although many people support this idea, I strongly disagree with this opinion due to several reasons such as lack of vital skills and weak health.
From the point of view that only academic subjects can bring success to future adults, society can lose the opportunity to raise teenagers in harmony. There are a lot of evidence that non-academic skills such as cookery or PE have the same impact on the children’s development as academic disciplines. For example, PE helps children to strengthen their bodies and increases strong will and ability to bear difficulties. Moreover, such skills as cookery or skil to sew can develop attentive and creative people. As a result after gaining simple physical talents youngsters become more confident due to obtained practice and experience to live.
The other reason of non-academic subjects are important is health issues. It is obvious that children require activities which improves their health status as physical exercises and active games. If they do not have PE at schools as a subject, they feel weak and emotionless. As a result they become less interested in study, they get sick often and do not have ability to resist diseases. Consequently, society should anticipate demotivated and physically powerless members, who cannot succeed a lot in adulthood because of health problems or lack of energy.
To conclude, schoolchildren should have an opportunity to grow mentally and physically strong. As it was above mentioned, this chance can be given if they have both academic and non-academic subjects to study at schools.