You are hereThe problem of obesity is becoming a serious issue all over the world. Some people argue that the price of fatting foods should be increased to reduce the growth of this problem.Do you agree or disagree.

The problem of obesity is becoming a serious issue all over the world. Some people argue that the price of fatting foods should be increased to reduce the growth of this problem.Do you agree or disagree.

Jasmeetgill's picture

By Jasmeetgill - Posted on 24 August 2013

The problem of obesity is becoming a serious issue all over the world. Some people argue that the price of fatting foods should be increased to reduce the growth of this problem.
Do you agree or disagree.

In this modern era the problem of obesity upsurges day by day. It goes without saying, "Health is wealth",consequently the diseases and disorders due to high obesity and keep mounting everywhere inspite of that overweight people can seen anywhere. A majority of people accord that, if the price of fast food should be escalated, it could be a lucrative panacea to address this hazard. However ,l would probably oppose to this idea.

There are ample number of reasons, firstly the life style of people has improved by leaps and bounds due to which they have forced to sit in front of computers throughout the day so they have no time to prepare food in their homes therefore, increased price would not affected them. Secondly ,irregular working system is a another contributing factor so working prolonged time due to the race of touching zenith as a result in eating and digestion related problems. These factors lead to rise in weight.

Moreover, prices of all commodities are continously rising yet their consumption has not been curtailed. For instance, according to a survey, times magazines has depicted that consumption of fast food containing higher fats is more in affulent classes who are not going to be affected by an increment in the cost of these foods as comparing to poorer people.

On the flip side, some proportion of folk have conflicting view, first and foremost by in price of fast food people divert to the green products like vegetables and fruits. Moreover, if the rates of fast food grows up people definately will give a second thought before buying any sort of fast food.

Finally, it conclude that escalating the price of fast food is not a way to curb this problem even buy as same like today yet it will not affecting the life and food choice of people respectively.

Ekhlas US / Iraq

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

jordansqc france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

You recently visited a place that had a strong impact on you.Write a letter to a friend about the place. In your letter explain where the place was and how you got there describe what you saw offer to take your friend there eddysuaib sticky icon
How do movies or television influence people’s behavior? Use reasonsand specific examples to support your answer. Cyrus Miley
In many countries today, the eating habits and lifestyle of children are different from those of previous generations. Some people say this has had a negative effect on their health.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? robertzacaria
the amount of sport shown on television every week has increased significantly and this is having an impact on live sports events. Do you think the benefits of having more televised sport are greater than the disadvantages? adventurer
Writing task 2You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Nowdays the way many people interact with ecah other has change because of technology.In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Rudy
Ownership of mobile phones has risen dramatically in recetn years despite the potentially harmfull effect they may have on our health and on society. Goverrnments should introduce measures to restrict ownership of mobile phones to those who need them for juro999 sticky icon
Many people are afraid to leave their home because of crime. Some believe that more action should be taken to prevent crime. While others feel that little action can be done to stop crime. What is your view? NIDHISIDHU
mention some problem related different field in life . watan
169 IELTS speaking topics essayking sticky icon
People naturally resist making changes in their lives. What kind of problems can this cause? What solutions can you suggest? Ulpanak

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
This is a bar graph of the average age at first marriage of both men and women in the U.S. The red bar stands for women, and the blue bar stands for men. Write a report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the graph. jason

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
All over the world, societies are facing a growing problem with obesity. This problem affects both children and adults. What are the reasons for this rise in obesity? How it could be tackled? tycoonss
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Recent figures show an increase in violent crime among youngsters under the age of 18. Some psychologists claim that the basic reason for this is that children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need from parents and teacher Ky Vanchhay
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon

Sentence: It goes without saying, 'Health is wealth',consequently the diseases and disorders due to high obesity and keep mounting everywhere inspite of that overweight people can seen anywhere.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to can and seen

Sentence: There are ample number of reasons, firstly the life style of people has improved by leaps and bounds due to which they have forced to sit in front of computers throughout the day so they have no time to prepare food in their homes therefore, increased price would not affected them.
Description: The fragment not affected them is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace affected with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: Secondly ,irregular working system is a another contributing factor so working prolonged time due to the race of touching zenith as a result in eating and digestion related problems.
Description: The fragment , irregular working is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace irregular with adverb
Description: The token a is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, singular
Suggestion: Refer to a and another

Sentence: Finally, it conclude that escalating the price of fast food is not a way to curb this problem even buy as same like today yet it will not affecting the life and food choice of people respectively.
Description: The fragment it conclude that is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace conclude with verb, past tense

Sentence: Moreover, prices of all commodities are continously rising yet their consumption has not been curtailed.
Error: continously Suggestion: continuously

Sentence: For instance, according to a survey, times magazines has depicted that consumption of fast food containing higher fats is more in affulent classes who are not going to be affected by an increment in the cost of these foods as comparing to poorer people.
Error: affulent Suggestion: affluent

Sentence: Moreover, if the rates of fast food grows up people definately will give a second thought before buying any sort of fast food.
Error: definately Suggestion: definitely