You are hereThe problem of obesity is becoming a serious issue all over the world. Some people argue that the price of fatting foods should be increased to reduce the growth of this problem.Do you agree or disagree.

The problem of obesity is becoming a serious issue all over the world. Some people argue that the price of fatting foods should be increased to reduce the growth of this problem.Do you agree or disagree.

Jasmeetgill's picture

By Jasmeetgill - Posted on 24 August 2013

The problem of obesity is becoming a serious issue all over the world. Some people argue that the price of fatting foods should be increased to reduce the growth of this problem.
Do you agree or disagree.

In this modern era the problem of obesity upsurges day by day. It goes without saying, "Health is wealth",consequently the diseases and disorders due to high obesity and keep mounting everywhere inspite of that overweight people can seen anywhere. A majority of people accord that, if the price of fast food should be escalated, it could be a lucrative panacea to address this hazard. However ,l would probably oppose to this idea.

There are ample number of reasons, firstly the life style of people has improved by leaps and bounds due to which they have forced to sit in front of computers throughout the day so they have no time to prepare food in their homes therefore, increased price would not affected them. Secondly ,irregular working system is a another contributing factor so working prolonged time due to the race of touching zenith as a result in eating and digestion related problems. These factors lead to rise in weight.

Moreover, prices of all commodities are continously rising yet their consumption has not been curtailed. For instance, according to a survey, times magazines has depicted that consumption of fast food containing higher fats is more in affulent classes who are not going to be affected by an increment in the cost of these foods as comparing to poorer people.

On the flip side, some proportion of folk have conflicting view, first and foremost by in price of fast food people divert to the green products like vegetables and fruits. Moreover, if the rates of fast food grows up people definately will give a second thought before buying any sort of fast food.

Finally, it conclude that escalating the price of fast food is not a way to curb this problem even buy as same like today yet it will not affecting the life and food choice of people respectively.

Task 1 writing. Sabee
More and more people claim that modern work patterns are a source of stress. What do you think are the causes of this? Can you suggest some possible solutions? wkiper
Rewrite-When visiting foreign countries, visitors should take full advantage of learning the culture and traditions of that country. How can they learn about the culture and traditions? Why do some visitors strive to learn about culture and traditions whi devabe2005
Some people think students should take courses that are decided by the government. Others think students should be allowed to focus on subjects that they prefer. Discuss both views and give your own opinion tj747tj
Improvements in health, education and trade are essential for the development of poorer nations. However, the governments of richer nations should take more responsibility for helping the poorer nations in such areas Sabee
Electricity demand in England during winter and summer agungwi
The diagrams below show The life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features , and make comparisons where relevant. amna
It is generally believed that people are born with certain talents,for instance for sport or music,and others are not. However,it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views and giv ash5005
Should foreign languages be tought from kindergarten? gillgurpreet sticky icon
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting universities studies.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. nesdia

Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for th falks405
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer. mikrarlagowa
Creative artists should always be given freedom to express their own ideas (in words, picture, music, film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement? D O N
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Sample IELTS speaking: family (married person) essayking
Is talent show a good method of finding talented people or just an entertainment? (rewrite) eddysuaib
The chars below show the percentage of monthly household income spent on various items by two different groups in one European country. maryam2900
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of traveling to a work place every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? maryam2900

People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Children's education is expensive. In some countries, the government pays some of or all of the costs. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think? What solutions can you suggest? Justin
The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
You are going to help your friend's child to teach lessons. Write a letter to a teacher you know and borrow some books.1. Explain about the child in details.2. When and where to teach3. Mention about the books you want to borrow. swapnay
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter asking you colleague for assistance with your presentation. Please say- What is the presentation about?- What help do you need with it?- Explain why it is beneficial for everyone. Rahi

In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantage of giving aid to poor countries. skeet sticky icon
Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon

Sentence: It goes without saying, 'Health is wealth',consequently the diseases and disorders due to high obesity and keep mounting everywhere inspite of that overweight people can seen anywhere.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to can and seen

Sentence: There are ample number of reasons, firstly the life style of people has improved by leaps and bounds due to which they have forced to sit in front of computers throughout the day so they have no time to prepare food in their homes therefore, increased price would not affected them.
Description: The fragment not affected them is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace affected with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: Secondly ,irregular working system is a another contributing factor so working prolonged time due to the race of touching zenith as a result in eating and digestion related problems.
Description: The fragment , irregular working is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace irregular with adverb
Description: The token a is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, singular
Suggestion: Refer to a and another

Sentence: Finally, it conclude that escalating the price of fast food is not a way to curb this problem even buy as same like today yet it will not affecting the life and food choice of people respectively.
Description: The fragment it conclude that is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace conclude with verb, past tense

Sentence: Moreover, prices of all commodities are continously rising yet their consumption has not been curtailed.
Error: continously Suggestion: continuously

Sentence: For instance, according to a survey, times magazines has depicted that consumption of fast food containing higher fats is more in affulent classes who are not going to be affected by an increment in the cost of these foods as comparing to poorer people.
Error: affulent Suggestion: affluent

Sentence: Moreover, if the rates of fast food grows up people definately will give a second thought before buying any sort of fast food.
Error: definately Suggestion: definitely