Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of tis outweigh the disadvantages?

As the world is moving forward to form a global village, the necessity of learning different languages is getting more prominent. Over the past years, there has been a heated argument on weather children should learn a foreign language earlier at their primary school or weather it should be postponed to the secondary school. In my view, the earlier a non native language to be taught, the more beneficial it would be for students.

To commence with, this is a fact that individuals in their early childhood have a higher potency of learning. In this period, the mind resembles an empty hard disc, which is fully capable of gaining knowledge and memorizing. In addition, children are extremely thirsty to perceive new concepts and vocabularies. Therefore, educating a foreign language in their initial years of childhood would be more efficient.

However, some may claim that this policy is not beneficial since pupils do not utilize the new language in their communications. Consequently, after a while they will forget most terms and structures. Nonetheless, learning how to speak another language makes their minds more creative and more productive later in their lives. Accordingly, recent researches have indicated that pupils who had the privilege of learning a second language at their primary school had a more fertilized mind and were more successful in their proceeding education process rather than those who had been taught a second language during their secondary grade.

Taking all above into account, in my perspective, the optimum potential for learning a second language is during primary grade. Although, it may have some demerits, merits would definitely outweigh demerits since it leads to the higher performance of the brain.

You may have more support with examples.