Essay topics: Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
To whom it may concern,
I will take an Ielts test about 5days from now so I would be thankful in advance for your corrections and best advice if it could help me.
It goes without saying that learning another language besides native language would be extremely beneficial. Some people are in favor of teaching a new language to children when they are in childhood period. Although it has both pros and cons, on my reckoning, the advantages of teaching children a foreign language at primary school outweigh it's drawbacks.
On the one hand, research indicates some children who started learning a foreign language in either kinder-garden or thereafter have some problems to continue learning. For example, my uncle studied Germany when he was 8 years old but he then gave up not only learning that language, but also other useful skills. Since it was really hard to manage all of them for a 8 year-old kid. In addition, it may get children bored because they should stay with it for a long time.
On the other hand, having considered the method of learning a foreign language at primary school, you can deduce that it brings a lot of merits. First of all, children at primary school have more potential to learn new skill; in another words, their mind are not as busy as young people's mind so they can learn faster than a child at secondary school. Secondly, they can experience different ways in order to find the best way which easily improve their skills. That is, they have got more time to become familiar with that language.
In conclusion, it is necessary for children in today's world to learn a foreign language. Albeit it has some disadvantages, in my opinion, if they begin it at approximately primary school, they can reduce these side effects.
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050.Summarize the following information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
- Some people say the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.Discuss both of these views and give your
- The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in millions) of telephone calls in Finland, divided into three categories, from 1995 – 2004. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
- the two maps below show an island before and after construction of some tourist facilities. summarise the information by selecting and reporting main features and make comparison where relevant.I recently submitted task 2 of cCambridge 9 and would like to
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?To whom it may concern,I will take an Ielts test about 5days from
- Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm
- universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject.