You are hereSome governments say how many children a family can have in their country. They may control the number of children has through taxes. It is sometimes necessary and right for a government to control the population in this way.Do you agree or disagree?

Some governments say how many children a family can have in their country. They may control the number of children has through taxes. It is sometimes necessary and right for a government to control the population in this way.Do you agree or disagree?

Yves's picture

By Yves - Posted on 01 October 2013

Some governments say how many children a family can have in their country. They may control the number of children has through taxes. It is sometimes necessary and right for a government to control the population in this way.
Do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays most countries in the world experience demographic problem. This fact has triggered the debate whether governments should manage the quantity of children in families or the couples should solely decide the size of their households. There are a number of strong arguments in favor of both sides, so before the quick conclusion this topic needs to be discussed.

We must acknowledge that controlling the size of families by government is intruding the individuals’ personal life. So everybody wants to hold their independence on their hands. It is quite understandable that controlling of the population is not welcomed by a lot of people. Additionally, managing demographic increase by means of taxes may cause the social problem. Because, it can be understood by the citizens of the country as unequal approach to them by governments. To be more precise, it is a kind of injustice to allow the people with respectively higher incomes to have as many children as they want, whereas poorer families meet restrictions at that point.

Nevertheless, when it comes to my personal view, it is more vital to emphasize that controlling the size of population is the most effective method in order to prevent demographic explosion. Furthermore, such prevention can decrease density in large cities which is considered to be one of the most annoying problems of the world. In addition to this, those restrictions can be even more beneficial to governments as they are key in finding solution to the major economic problems such as unemployment rates, shortage of food and etc.

To take all the points I mentioned above into account, we can say that although it is not possible to deny completely some disadvantages of government controlling in demography looking at the discussed question from a wider angle indicates that that management has more pluses in comparison with minuses.

Pronunciation & fluency evaluations. Choose a category to start:
Most recent Pronunciation & Fluency evaluations
Name Date Scores Full evaluations
daneiz 1 day 2 hours ago 71.34 How do you do, it is my pleasure to meet you.
daneiz 1 day 2 hours ago 71.63 Good evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Welcome to my birthday party. Hope you have a good time.
newlife 2 days 22 hours ago 74.13 Do you have a computer? Yes, I do.
newlife 2 days 22 hours ago 66.69 Hi, good to see you again.
newlife 2 days 22 hours ago 67.54 May I have your name, please?
newlife 2 days 22 hours ago 66.48 She is very well, thank you.