You are hereSome people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.

Some people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.

Rahi's picture

By Rahi - Posted on 10 September 2013

In Modern Life cars play an important role in daily activities. It's one of the inventions that make human's life much easier, meanwhile it has it's own drawbacks as well such as pollution, traffic and noise. Some people believe that although cars are useful, they should be banned in city center while other group of individuals are totally against it.

According first point of view, cars make the environment polluted and noisy and conclude that it should be banned in city center which is too crowded. They believe people have to waste their valuable time in heavy traffic jams. Moreover, they believe by reducing the number of cars in the streets government can save a huge amount of petrol.

There is another view which is against the previous one. People of this group believe that government shouldn't banned cars in city center because a large group of people live and work in this area not in country side. In their point of view there are solutions for solving the former problems. For instance, by building multi-story parking spaces we can reduce the traffic problem because many cars are waiting and rounding to find a parking space which makes traffic jam or by using clean fuels for cars the pollution problem can be solved. In the worst situation, for reducing the number of cars government can divided cars into 2 groups by their number plates for entering the city center area .

To sum up, in my opinion it's not essential to ban cars. Government can train people about using cars. It will be beneficial specially if they train children who are our next generation. The can spread using bicycles instead of cars in some hectic areas.