Essay topics: Some people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
In Modern Life cars play an important role in daily activities. It's one of the inventions that make human's life much easier, meanwhile it has it's own drawbacks as well such as pollution, traffic and noise. Some people believe that although cars are useful, they should be banned in city center while other group of individuals are totally against it.
According first point of view, cars make the environment polluted and noisy and conclude that it should be banned in city center which is too crowded. They believe people have to waste their valuable time in heavy traffic jams. Moreover, they believe by reducing the number of cars in the streets government can save a huge amount of petrol.
There is another view which is against the previous one. People of this group believe that government shouldn't banned cars in city center because a large group of people live and work in this area not in country side. In their point of view there are solutions for solving the former problems. For instance, by building multi-story parking spaces we can reduce the traffic problem because many cars are waiting and rounding to find a parking space which makes traffic jam or by using clean fuels for cars the pollution problem can be solved. In the worst situation, for reducing the number of cars government can divided cars into 2 groups by their number plates for entering the city center area .
To sum up, in my opinion it's not essential to ban cars. Government can train people about using cars. It will be beneficial specially if they train children who are our next generation. The can spread using bicycles instead of cars in some hectic areas.
- We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in business, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used for in the future? Is this dependencies on computers a good thing or should we have more auspi (78)
- You have had a bank account for a few years. Recently you received a letter from the bank stating that your account is $240 overdrawn and that you will be charged $70 which will be taken directly from your account. You know that this information is incorr (84)
- Some People believe that advertisement about marketing have significant impact on success of the business managers, while others think paying attention to workers' condition have this effect. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (73)
- Some people believe that technology caused some gap between the two generations. To what extend do you agree? (73)
- Fresh water resources diminish in large cities in the world each year. What are the causes of this crucial problem? What are the solutions? (73)
- Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (78)
- It has been said that the world is becoming a global village in which there are no boundaries to trade and communication. Do the benefits of globalisation outweigh the drawbacks? (78)
- Some people think that school children need to learn practical skills such as car maintenance or bank account management along with the academic subjects at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (73)
- Some people believe that it is wrong to keep animals in zoos, while others think that zoos are both entertaining and ecologically important. Discuss both views. (56)
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of genetic engineering (56)