Essay topics: Some people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
In Modern Life cars play an important role in daily activities. It's one of the inventions that make human's life much easier, meanwhile it has it's own drawbacks as well such as pollution, traffic and noise. Some people believe that although cars are useful, they should be banned in city center while other group of individuals are totally against it.
According first point of view, cars make the environment polluted and noisy and conclude that it should be banned in city center which is too crowded. They believe people have to waste their valuable time in heavy traffic jams. Moreover, they believe by reducing the number of cars in the streets government can save a huge amount of petrol.
There is another view which is against the previous one. People of this group believe that government shouldn't banned cars in city center because a large group of people live and work in this area not in country side. In their point of view there are solutions for solving the former problems. For instance, by building multi-story parking spaces we can reduce the traffic problem because many cars are waiting and rounding to find a parking space which makes traffic jam or by using clean fuels for cars the pollution problem can be solved. In the worst situation, for reducing the number of cars government can divided cars into 2 groups by their number plates for entering the city center area .
To sum up, in my opinion it's not essential to ban cars. Government can train people about using cars. It will be beneficial specially if they train children who are our next generation. The can spread using bicycles instead of cars in some hectic areas.
- some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is a place to learn this. Discuss both views (70)
- Some say that because many people are living much longer, the age at which people retire from work should be raised considerably. To What extend do you agree or disagree? (75)
- You and your friend recently went on a holiday together. You have a problem with your photos taken during the holiday. Write a letter to ask your friend for a particular photo and say- What is a problem with your photographs?- Which photo would you like f (80)
- Some people think that in modern world we are more dependent on each other ,while other think that people have become more independent. Discuss both views. (40)
- Write a letter asking you colleague for assistance with your presentation. Please say- What is the presentation about?- What help do you need with it?- Explain why it is beneficial for everyone. (85)
- People are living longer than ever before. At the same time the young population is declining while the number of old people is rising. Will this development be a benefit for the society? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having more old people (70)
- Many people these days travel far for work or spend more hours working. Does this trend have more advantages or disadvantages? What do you think about work-life balance? (73.33329999999999)
- There are plenty of options available for spreading news, such as newspapers, radio, TV, Internet and so on. According to your opinion what is the best media to use? Why? (70)
- You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say- Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? (70)
- Some children have problems at home and difficulties at school. Why do you think this happens? How can parents help them? (73.33329999999999)