You are hereSome people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.

Some people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.

Rahi's picture

By Rahi - Posted on 10 September 2013

In Modern Life cars play an important role in daily activities. It's one of the inventions that make human's life much easier, meanwhile it has it's own drawbacks as well such as pollution, traffic and noise. Some people believe that although cars are useful, they should be banned in city center while other group of individuals are totally against it.

According first point of view, cars make the environment polluted and noisy and conclude that it should be banned in city center which is too crowded. They believe people have to waste their valuable time in heavy traffic jams. Moreover, they believe by reducing the number of cars in the streets government can save a huge amount of petrol.

There is another view which is against the previous one. People of this group believe that government shouldn't banned cars in city center because a large group of people live and work in this area not in country side. In their point of view there are solutions for solving the former problems. For instance, by building multi-story parking spaces we can reduce the traffic problem because many cars are waiting and rounding to find a parking space which makes traffic jam or by using clean fuels for cars the pollution problem can be solved. In the worst situation, for reducing the number of cars government can divided cars into 2 groups by their number plates for entering the city center area .

To sum up, in my opinion it's not essential to ban cars. Government can train people about using cars. It will be beneficial specially if they train children who are our next generation. The can spread using bicycles instead of cars in some hectic areas.

The diagram below shows the life cycle of a frog. Write a report for a university lecturer, describing the information shown below. Dilbar sticky icon
The charts show that the number of Japanese tourists traveling abroad between 1985 and 1995 and Australia’s share of the Japanese tourist. Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shows below. maryam2900
Learning about the past has no value for those of us living in the present. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. AryaPengaringan
Every country should have a free health service, even if this means that the latest medical treatments may not be available through this service because they are too expensive.To what extend do you agree with this statement? subodh860
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as places where advertisers might place advertisements for cars. explain which you think would be the most effective.*Cinema*Radio*Billboards*television*newspapers*Magazines Smarts sticky icon
The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2000 comparet with the average house prices in 1989. Vusal347
Some think that these environmental problems are too big for individuals to be solved, while others think that individuals cannot solve these environmental problems unless governments make some action. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Kiran Makkar
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? nwahyuni
Children spend much time on TV, Video, and PC games. Some people believe it is good for them while others believe that is bad. Discuss these two views and give your opinions. Anisyah Surya
Worker in low-wage industries should be provided with a guaranteed minimum income and benefits to ensure that they can provide for themselves and their families.Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your opinion. oyamazakura ngoc sticky icon

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Unemployment figures amongst women Mubariz

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon

Sentence: It's one of the inventions that make human's life much easier, meanwhile it has it's own drawbacks as well such as pollution, traffic and noise.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to it's and own

Sentence: In the worst situation, for reducing the number of cars government can divided cars into 2 groups by their number plates for entering the city center area .
Description: The fragment can divided cars is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace divided with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive