You are hereSome people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Bustanul Arifin's picture

By Bustanul Arifin - Posted on 10 October 2013

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children).
To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Unpaid community service is a part from social action of a society. It is a social contribution from society to help each other in this life. One of the major actors which have the biggest influence to determine this issue is the high school. Because of it, most people believe that unpaid community service should be a serious concern of a high school, it means that the unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. Personally, I strongly agree with this option. Student will get a lot of benefits from the program. It gives good effects toward student social concern and character building.

The first effect is increasing the social concern from the student about unpaid community service. The high school is able to make strong awareness of its student regarding society condition around their environment. Through the program, student could have a broader understanding about unpaid community service, and understand how to prepare a good unpaid service for community. However, without becoming a compulsory program from the school, student will not pay big attention about social service for people.

The second effect is building the character of the student. By applying the social actions as part of compulsory program, student will learn deeper about social contribution for society which has influence on the character of student. Based on my personal experience, when a community doing a charity program to help other people, I felt it influence my character to be stronger and increased my confidence to do charity as more as possible in my life.

At the end, I can conclude that it is a good decision to include unpaid community services as compulsory part of high school programmes. High school is the best place for student to build excellent awareness regarding the social issue, and could contribute toward the social character for the student as well.

Some ex-prisoners commit crimes after being released from the prison. What do you think is the cause? How can it be solved? devabe2005
Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject.To what extent do you agree and disagree? Rita Irianti
It is generally agreed that the amount of rubbish created by humans today is a worldwide problem. What do you think are the main causes of this situation? What measure can be used to tackle the problem. alhaz
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. Do you agree or disagree? janetan89 sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the government of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? Hera Bugis Indina
Some people believe that other people are born with certain talents. But, some people claimed that children can be taught to have good talents. Fardhani Dwi Ar...
draw backs of news paper and benifits of news paper gurvin
Children leisure activities must entirely be educational . to what extend do you agree or disagree Robin
The pie chart below show units of electricity production by fuel source in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000. Nebi sticky icon
Some people prefer to plan activities for their free time very carefully. Others choose not to make any plans at all for their free time. Compare the benefits of planning free-time activities with the benefits of not making plans.Which do you prefer - pla eddysuaib sticky icon

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Climate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.Do you agree or disagree? What measure can be taken to help the process? dnaserbakht IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Some people think that managerial posts in private companies and in governments are more suitable for men. Others think that given the opportunity, women can be successful managers. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion. the beauty of E... IELTS Writing Task II
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS

Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the percentage change in the number of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006. lambda IELTS Writing Task I

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the percentage of urban/suburban and rural households in a European country that had Internet access between 1999 and 2004. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I