Some people thing the best way to reduce crime is by going longer prison sentence. Other, however, think there are better alternative ways to reduce it. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

It is true that government should make good regulation to reduce crime. While some people think the best way to reduce crime is by giving longer prison sentences. I believe that giving longer prison is not a better alternative way to reduce crime.

Some people believe that crime can be reduced by giving longer prison sentences. Why? Firstly, it is because longer prison sentences are better than capital punishment. Longer prison punishment gives chance for criminal to fix their attitude to be better. Moreover, capital punishment contradicts with human right. God has the right to life. Whereas longer prison is more humanitarian than capital punishment. Secondly, longer prison can give regret effect for the wrongdoing. The criminal will regretted their action in the past. Besides, in prison they might get additional skill which can be used to continue their future live.

Although, giving longer prison sentences can be the way to decrease crimes, actually there are alternative ways to minimize number of cruel. Firstly, capital punishment is more effective to lower criminality. Capital punishment have function to ovoid criminal with high level to influence other criminal in prison. Giving longer prison sentences can make prison more crowded. And we do not realize, they can make unity in prison. Secondly, giving longer prison sentences will become political reason to keep corruption. For example, in Indonesia, prison is second home for corrupts. So, it does not work to reduce crime in Indonesia. Proper punishment for corrupt is fine punishment as much as possible.

To sum up, there are convincing arguments both for and against giving longer prison sentences as the best way to reduce crime, but I believe there are better alternative, such as capital punishment and fine punishment. In my opinion, every single punishment which is managed by regulation is the best way to reduce crime. Provided that the regulations are conducted and obeyed well by all of nation.

The criminal will regretted their action in the past.
The criminal will regret their action in the past.