You are hereUniversities should be concerned with educating people so that they will have wide general knowledge and be able to consider important matters from an informed viewpoint ,and not simply train students to do the jobs required by society.Give reasons for yo

Universities should be concerned with educating people so that they will have wide general knowledge and be able to consider important matters from an informed viewpoint ,and not simply train students to do the jobs required by society.Give reasons for yo

Zarna Patel's picture

By Zarna Patel - Posted on 05 January 2013

Universities should be concerned with educating people so that they will have wide general knowledge and be able to consider important matters from an informed viewpoint ,and not simply train students to do the jobs required by society.
Give reasons for your own knowledge or experience.

The education system should give higher priority for learning environment. However ,they should consider jobs for students future . Jobs are equally proportional to the knowledge of students . The choice varies from education people either enhance knowledge or consider job training better.

Firstly ,Universities should provide a comprehensive knowledge in relative field of study . Which may help students ti be innovative and excellent in their field may make universities prestigious .Meanwhile ,knowledge attracts the recruiters because they demand scholar in their core field, while certain people prefer to start their own business or research. Which acquires great source of knowledge and skills. As example ,Any computer engineer must be excellent in their programming abilities to design any software . Talent can be helpful to get the job in reputed company.

However, Job seeker should be trained for interview or recruiter’s test.So, they can easily get jobs in renowned corporation .Such attraction of well-known companies for hiring students can also develop status of universities . As instance , excellent engineering student may require fluent communication skills for job appearance . which helps to impress recruiter. However, Highly celebrated organization demands thorough knowledge in relative field of work .Otherwise, it is meaningless to hire who have good conversation skills rather than engineering fundamentals . At workplace ,individuals should be able to cop up with their work ,even though they got job. Eventually knowledge comes into the major consideration.

In conclusion, university should focus on area of knowledge first while Job training should be placed at second priority. Ample skills should also be helpful to get beautiful job after study.

nedAnerge Oman

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Writing Task 1. The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. musrah
The graphs show number of death caused by many diseases in Someland and medical research funding each deices in 1990. Raman Toor
are computers an essential feature of modern education? What subjects can be better taught using computers? Are there aspects of an education that cannot be taught using computers? pendinggirl
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Yora
Some people belive that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime.Others,however,argue that the circumstances of an individual crime,and the motivation for committing it,should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishments.D asim
The chart below shows the amount spent on six consumer goods in four European countries. fialka
Many students prefer to take part-time rather than full-time courses. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this method for the students? marzieh
We live today in an electronic information age. It is easier to be connected by technology yet many people seem no closer to feeling happy in t heir lives. Discuss fatihamzah
Modern educational institutions do not offer all the ingredients that are needed for success. To what extent do you agree with the above statement? jason1911
The chart and table below show the number of fishers in millions for different regions between 1970, 1980, and 2000, and the world’s top ten of exporters fish in 2000. sulfiah

Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
In many countries school-age children are spending their free time in doing homework. Is it a good or bad thing? What is your own opinion? Give examples to support your view. marzieh
You are not happy with the course you are doing at college and would like to change to a different course. Write a letter to the college director requesting to change your course. You should include details about:- what course are you doing now- why you a bwosti
Education is not a luxury, but a basic human right and as such should be free for everyone irrespective of personal wealth.Do you agree or disagree? farizasl
News editor decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspaper. What factors do you think influence these decisions? Do we become used to bad News? Would it better if more good news was reported.(Re-write) -Syerapke- eddysuaib
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Students should pay the full cost of university studies,rather than have free higher education provided by the government. To what extent do you agree or disagree. Jasmeetgill

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
You are going to help your friend's child to teach lessons. Write a letter to a teacher you know and borrow some books.1. Explain about the child in details.2. When and where to teach3. Mention about the books you want to borrow. swapnay
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti

"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Tessy James's picture

hai..

Recruiter(repeation)==> employer

Tessy

Don't put a gap before punctuation marks.
Put a gap after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.