The diagrams below show a structure that is used to generate electricity from wave power.
The diagrams graphically demonstrate how electrical energy is produced in two steps by taking advantage of the wave power.
Turning to the diagram A, on the ocean floor a chamber is constructed, and the chamber is situated beside the cliff or the sea wall. Whenever the wave advances, the chamber guides the wave towards a vertical column in which a turbine is located. Thence, the movement of the water flow increases the pressure of the air at the bottom of the column. In turn, an air flow takes shape inside the column, and this flow rotates the turbine on counterclockwise. Afterwards, the axial rotation of the turbine produces electricity.
Looking at the diagram B, the energy reduction of the wave brings about retreating the water flow and the wave returns back into the inlet of the chamber. This phenomenon lessens the air pressure at the bottom of the column. Therefore, the air inside the column is sucked out and then a new air flow, which revolves the turbine on anticlockwise, commences to move down. As a result the electricity is generated.
- The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land become less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s. 70
- The diagram below shows how a hot water system in a house works. The table gives information about the efficiency levels. 80
- Young people are much more aware of and concerned about issues like the environment, poverty, and animal welfare than previous generations. What is your own opinion? 63
- Countries are becoming more and more similar because people are able to buy the same products anywhere in the world Do you think this is a positive or negative development 77
- Some people say that the best way to improve public health is be increasing the number of sport facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and other measures are required.Discuss both these views and give your own 80
the wave returns back into the inlet of the chamber.
the wave returns the inlet of the chamber.
Read a sample and see how to use verbs:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 6.5 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 10 10
No. of Words: 181 200
No. of Characters: 856 1000
No. of Different Words: 94 100
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.668 4.0
Average Word Length: 4.729 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.706 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 64 60
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 46 50
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 29 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 17 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.1 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.625 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.2 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.424 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.559 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.096 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 3 4