The diagram below shows the stages and equipment used in the cement making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes.

http_essay's picture

The picture given presents the detailed process of cement production as well as concrete production with cement as major source, along with a bunch of different materials such as sand and gravel.

First, as the key material for concrete production, cement is manufactured through continuous three steps. Initially, a crusher turns limestone and clay into mixed powder which will then go through a rotating heater to maintain a favorable temperature for the mixture. After the heating process, the mixed powder again will be grinded into the final product, cement, which will be packaged in bags for further manufacturing.

Regarding to the concrete production, the cement produced by previous process will be placed in a giant concrete mixer along with water, sand, and gravel. The recipe for mixing them is cement (15%), water (10%), sand (25%), and gravel which is a special material made of small stones (50%) respectively. Finally, everything being fully processed in the concrete mixer and create the final product, concrete.