The table below gives information about the use of different modes of transport in Shanghai in 1996 and one possible projection high motorization scenario for their use in 2020 Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information below

The table below describes the percentage application of various methods of transportation, in Shanghai in 1996. It also predicts their respective popularity in the year 2030.

During 1996, there were 5 forms of transportations available, in which includes walking, bicycle, scooter, bus and car. Buses had the largest portion and 39% followed by bicycle at 27%. While the use of cars, scooters and walking were all relatively low.

The table also anticipated their usage at 2030, whereby the usage of cars will drastically increase to 52% from 15%, while bicycles would decline down to 3% from the previous 27%. Other methods are also predicted to decrease by a substantial amount. Furthermore, trains will become available as an option of transport, taking up 15% of use.

Overall, we could infer that cars will become the most popular form of transport by far, while all others will be seeing less use, with trains becoming a new option to use.