Some people say part-time jobs are useful for full-time students because they not only earn money but also gain career experience.Do you agree or disagree?

Some people say part-time jobs are useful for full-time students because they not only earn money but also gain career experience.

Do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays it gets more and more common for students involved in full-time higher education, to get employed in a part-time job along with their studies, either for money or for gaining useful work experience. In spite of the detrimental impacts on their studies, I think that a part-time job involves a large number of beneficial ones.

The first significant advantage is that the job will bring some money for the student. When they go to university or college, students are often forced to leave their home town to go to study to another one, seeking for better education and career prospects. This, of course, means they have more expenses for traveling and accommodation. Often some prospective students come from not so wealthy families and they cannot rely on financial support from their parents only. This is where working part-time can help the student to gain some independence and improve his financial situation.

In addition, a part-time job can prepare the students for the real world of work after they graduate. Even though it is not often for the job to be related to the course the students are enrolled in, it can develop some positive qualities in them. For example, many students work in fast-food restaurants, where they can learn to deal with different customers and also improve their communication skills and team work.

However, there are some drawbacks of working part-time. Many students have problems with time management and a job can make it harder for them to focus on their studies and keep getting good grades. Moreover, part-time jobs are often not very well-paid so spending much time on them might be not very wise.

I tend to believe that students can benefit from a job without letting it have bad effects on their education. However, this is strongly personal and depends on the given circumstances.

More words, higher marks.