People work because they need money to live. What are some other reasons that people work? Discuss one or more of these reasons. Use specific examples and details to support your answer.

People work so that they can earn a money for their livelihood and support the needs of their family. But that is not the sole purpose of working. In my view people work not only to fulfil their monetary needs but also to fulfil their emotional and other materialistic needs.

One reason people work is for socialising. There are quite a few people who do not really need to work for earning a living. But they work because they want to spend their time amongst people rather than staying idle. It is rightly said, 'An idle mind is a devil's workshop'. And that is why people who retire from their jobs become restless and get annoyed because they get used to working and having people around them. It also helps them to forget the nightmares of their lives which haunt them when they are alone.

Another reason why people learn is for knowledge and experience. Many students are included in such people. During vacations students do internships and work for a company on little or no pay. These students are not interested in working for money. They are only interested in learning and gaining knowledge. Such internships enhance the student's profile which improves his chances of getting into a university of his choice.

There is yet another reason. People work for well being of other lesser fortunate people. people involved in charity work and community services hardly ever work for money. Whatever money they earn is most of the time used for the needy. These people work and find contentment in helping those people who were not as lucky as many people around the world are. People spend their time teaching children at orphanage, or helping old people at old age homes, or by helping differently abled people learn their livelihood.

Hence, we get to know that not everybody works for money. There are some people who are purely interested in working for their own interest and not for monetary purposes.

Sentence: In my view people work not only to fulfil their monetary needs but also to fulfil their emotional and other materialistic needs.
Error: fulfil Suggestion: fulfill

Sentence: One reason people work is for socialising.
Error: socialising Suggestion: socializing