The speakers discuss two possible solutions to the woman’s problem. Briefly
summarize the problem. Then state which solution you prefer and why.
OK, Becky, so . . . you’ve chosen all your courses for next term?
Well, not really, professor. Actually, I’ve got a problem.
Yeah, well, I still need to take an American literature course; it’s required for graduation.
But I’ve been putting it off. But since my next term is my last . . .
. . . Yeah, you can’t put it off any longer!
Right. The thing is, though . . . it’s not offered next term.
I see. Hmm. Ah how about . . . ah taking the course at another university?
I thought about that. It’s offered at City College, but . . . that’s so far away. Commuting
back and forth would take me a couple of hours, you know, a big chunk of time with all
my other studies and everything.
True, but it’s been done. Or . . . ah they’re a couple of graduate courses in American literature.
Why not take one of those?
Yeah, but . . . wouldn’t that be hard, though? I mean . . . it’s a graduate course—that’d
be pretty intense.
Yeah, it’d probably mean more studying than you’re used to, but I’m sure it’s not beyond
- The students discuss two possible solutions to the woman's problem. Describe the problem. Then state which of the two solutions you prefer and explain why. 95
- Student 1(female): Ryan, I’m thinking about dropping our Chinese class and going back to Spanish. Student 2(male): What? Why? I thought you really enjoyed taking Chinese? Student 1: Well, I do. It’s really fun; it just takes so much extra time to study. I 80
- The Hierarchy of Needs Abraham Maslow developed the theory of the human being s Hierarchy of Needs He created a pyramid of basic human needs At the lowest level are basic survival needs such as food and shelter If a person satisfies that level then the in 90
- Bus Service Elimination Planned....The university has decided to discontinue its free bus service for students. The reason given for this decision is that few students ride the buses and the buses are expensive to operate. Currently, the buses run from th 67
- Some people think that books and other methods of print are slowly being replaced by the Internet, TV, and other media. Others think that there will always be a need for printed material. What do you think and why? Give examples and details in your respon 90
28 in 30